Verraki is a proudly African company partnering with enterprises and governments to accelerate the development and transformation of Africa by providing business solutions designed for Africa. We build and implement technology solutions for seemingly intractable challenges, provide advisory services to drive the capacity and motivation for change, and curate innovative ventures to unlock new sources of growth across our continent.
Job Position: Research Analyst
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The Research Analyst will be required to deliver timely, high quality economic and business insights on issues relating to the economy, sectors and markets.
- The analyst will engage in quantitative and qualitative economics research, statistical data and information aggregation, analysis and modelling, preparation policy briefs, research papers, presentations, and speeches, and will also play a role on project deliverables to clients:
Specifically, the Research Analyst will be required to:
- Conduct primary and secondary research: The research analyst will be responsible for gathering data through surveys, interviews, and other methods. The analyst will also need to collect and analyse data from various reputable secondary sources, including industry reports, market research, and other relevant publications.
- Perform analysis: The analyst will need to analyse the data and identify patterns and trends and come up with actionable insights. This would require the use of popular statistical tools and software.
- Preparing reports: The research analyst will be responsible for presenting their findings in a clear and concise manner. They will need to prepare periodic reports and presentations that communicate research output to the management, clients and public audience.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends: The research analyst will need to stay current with trends and developments across various economic sectors. They will need to monitor changes in the industry and identify new research opportunities.
- Collaborating with other analysts on projects: The research analyst may work with other analysts within the organisation as required. The analyst may be deployed to projects and required to collaborate with other project stakeholders to deliver our value proposition to clients and support the firm’s overall objectives.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or other related areas.
- A Master’s Degree in Business or Finance will be a nice-to-have but not mandatory
- Minimum of two years experience in consulting, finance, investment banking, corporate planning, and strategy
- Previous research and analysis experience is mandatory
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Basic knowledge of economic theory, economic sectors, and markets
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of research methods and tools
- Excellent business writing skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
30th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.