Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty center and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organization is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji, and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency/trauma center, radiology diagnostic center, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
- Job Position: Research Officer
- Job Location: Nigeria
- The research assistant reports to the Medical Director and The Executive Director/Head of surgery. And will be responsible for the planning and conducting of research projects include collecting, sorting, and analyzing data, developing, executing, and interpreting research projects, assist in preparing complete documentation for experimental procedures, monitoring researchers in their assigned responsibilities, and presenting your findings to management.
- As a research assistant, you should understand and be able to apply research principles, concepts, practices, and methods. You should also possess strong analytical, mathematical, and research skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing objectives and designing research projects and proposals.
- Performing data collection, and analyzing and evaluating test and research results.
- Replicating, evaluating, and refining research strategies and approaches and recommending improvements, and testing, customizing, and implementing new methods and procedures.
- Responding to research questions, troubleshooting problems, and monitoring ongoing projects, and proposing and implementing changes.
- Proposing techniques to improve research quality and team productivity
- Contributing to and writing research findings for publications, papers, presentations, grants, and other documents.
- Guiding, training, and advising junior researchers and students, and supporting senior research staff.
- Developing and following standard operating procedures, and adhering to company policies and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for every other duty as assigned by the head of the department.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science, Statistics, or related field.
- 3 – 5 years’ research-related experience.
- Knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices, and methods.
- Computer literacy and strong mathematical, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position Title as the subject of the email.