Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Job Position: Senior Subsurface / Reservoir Engineer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Expert level skills in developing both individually and with key stakeholders: Well concepts, supplier prequalification, tender/RFP technical and commercial evaluation templates. Providing negotiation support, and creating and ensuring timely delivery of complex scopes from Strategy development to Evaluation to Mobilization. From SOW to closeout of work plans and documents
- Demonstrated Expert at technically, prequalifying scoping and evaluating 3rd party well (Oil field services for drilling workover, completion,) suppliers and outsourced work from low to high risk, simple to complex work, and costs /values from the tens of thousands to the tens of millions USD. Scopes range from the re-entry of existing wells, intervention, workover, recompletion, and re-drill to greenfield well and completion concepts. May involve subsea as well as surface technologies.
- The incumbent will develop, and assess and deliver well designs, completion designs and costed development plans from conceptual to the tactical as required. Demonstrated skills in this regard are mandatory..
- Expert in communicating the value and tradeoffs both subjective and objective for all options involved in drilling and well completion designs for full field development including surface and subsurface completion options.
- Demonstrated specific focus on HSE, Cost, Time and Recovery per well
- Ensure alignment and timely approvals both internal and external stakeholders and approvers. Sr Mgt, partners and government bodies alike. Where required coordinate the technical input into the Management Committee meetings with regulators and our partners.
- Ensure efficient approval and endorsement workflow: Contribute to the generation, coordination and delivery of documents to support the approval processes: for commercial agreement, strategies, tender lists, evaluation templates drilling Well proposals, Well data gathering campaigns, Well re-entry and work proposals. Ensure seamless integration between Exploration, Well Engineering, Production and Finance alike.
- Support our Integrated Wells Production Delivery Model, from reservoir drainage points to points of sale. Key focus areas are maximization of the gas and liquids volumes sold, within the technical limits of the reservoirs, quantity and quality of gas liquids resources using well construction design, operations and completion optimization.
- Understand what must be done to ensure a world class database that is third party verifiable. The scopes of work, cost estimates, concept analysis, well summary document, the e-Well book, key Life of Asset Reference Documents updated quarterly complete with the relevant historic, installation, dynamic and static data for the field, the wells, drainage points, reservoirs, and surface infrastructure are in place
- Drive the implementation of field optimization of the producing fields, oil, gas and condensate, He/She has fully demonstrated understanding of the range of design options and material choices to deliver production from the reservoir to the sales point.
- Set out discipline specific guidelines and procedures to ensure all work is carried out safely adhering to best international technical prac
- 15+ years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry as a wells engineer with at least 5 but no more than 8 years in field oversight and execution
- Excellent technical and communication skills with a strong emphasis on teamwork,
- Fluency in written and spoken English language
- Track record in working in Nigerian or other international locales with heavy governmental engagement required in selection, tendering, and contracting for E&P support services.
- Demonstrated skill in supplier selection, scope development, negotiation support, evaluation, contractor mgt, and closeout in such locations
- Deep expertise in concept selection, with at least 5 years in project/drilling planning, DWOP/CWOP, detailed design and engineering with some field execution and supervision experience.
- Track record in Field Development Planning and execution: work over, Wire line, and Well intervention services, Well & Casing Design, Rig selection, Deviation Design & Control, Bit & Hydraulics and Drilling Fluids design and selection. Well Test Design and Execution.
- Track record in understanding of the rock/geomechanics and the effects on re drill, completion design, extended reach drilling, losses or well kicks
- Track record in Asset Optimization, minimum footprint, well clustering, top hole drilling, mud system optimization etc. ·
- Technical innovator and entrepreneur, track record in finding solutions to increasing the recovery per dollar invested and operate
- Ability to translate complex operational and development issues into simple documentable solutions for use in business cases, pre_Q, SOW, approval workflow, contract strategies, technical evaluations, award recommendations, and stakeholder presentations.
- High level of independent thinking and reasoning, based on sound technical and commercial fundamentals. Able to bring those arguments professionally to influence key mgt and key stakeholders.
- Ability to generate good quality technical and commercially sound reports using excel, power point and Word. Visio and MS project skills are apprecia
- Ruthless bottomline technical focus, ability to translate and articulate technical solutions into document and key business drivers, HSE, Cost and Production
- Fully understand and able to articulate the values and tradeoffs based on accurate verifiable information on how the supplier’s performance will support or degrade our company short term, medium term and long goals.
- Interact and work effectively with other professionals inside the E&P team and with other HQ disciplines: Planning, Finance, in a timely fashion. · Deadlines matter.
- Demonstrate high level of oral and written skills (English), good listening ability, demonstrate personal initiative and ability to mentor subordinates Constructively accept views and guidance from supervisors and input from subordinates
- Ability and focus on driving technical and commercial solutions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online