Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviors that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviors we have a remuneration program in place, carefully designed to incentivize our employees to live our values every day.
Job Position: Resourcing Specialist, Nigeria
Job Location: Lagos
- Manage the delivery of the end-to-end Resourcing process for Nigeria, covering operational Resourcing support for all employed worker hiring (internal and external), local and cross-border hires and transfers.
- Ensure all Resourcing activity is aligned to and effectively communicates the employer brand.
- The role is focussed on Operational Delivery to ensure the achievement of recruitment targets at the right time, the right quality and the right price.
- Build and develop strong, sustainable relationships with external stakeholders, promoting the Bank as an employer of choice to drive performance and recruitment of the right person, at the right time, at the right price.
- Manage cross functional/complex Resourcing projects, as required.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Head, Resourcing, Africa as required.
- Responsible for sourcing for Nigeria based roles, ensuring direct sourcing channels and the relevant preferred suppliers are used.
- Ensure delivery (at the right quality & cost) of direct sourcing targets for the country, design and deliver sourcing strategies and solutions that meet business needs, generate diverse pools of applicants and control cost bases.
- Develop and lead initiatives to drive more diverse Resourcing pools.
- Identify ways to build the candidate experience as they navigate the Resourcing process in-country, sharing best practices regionally and globally, as appropriate.
- Drive greater cross-functional and cross-border talent moves.
- Participate in Early Careers recruitment events and activities (e.g., careers fairs), as required.
- Ensure the Group’s selection products and processes are thoroughly embedded across the country, improving the effectiveness of selection and minimizing risks.
- Drive culture change to embed greater hiring manager discipline in all aspects of the Resourcing process e.g., ensuring hiring managers are up-skilled in shortlisting and recording interview notes, ensuring prompt provision of feedback, etc.
- Support the relevant Resourcing Specialists, where required, in conducting interviews and assessing candidates as part of assessment days for program roles e.g. Early Careers.
- Working in conjunction with the Head, Resourcing, Africa and Lead, Quality Assurance, AME to ensure all Resourcing control standards are met (Immigration and Background Screening for example).
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead Nigeria Resourcing to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Hiring Managers
- Head, Resourcing, Africa
- Country Human Resources Head in Nigeria
- Country Human Resource Business Partners
- Country HR Service Delivery team
- Performance, Reward & Benefits team
- International Mobility team
- Resourcing Quality Assurance team
- Resourcing Operations team
- Global Talent Research (GTR) teams
- In-depth experience in recruitment in a Financial Services environment (in-house preferred, or search firm/consultancy).
- Experience driving end-to-end Resourcing processes (Identifying Business Needs, Sourcing Candidates, Selecting Candidates, Offer Management, Background Screening, Onboarding, Post-onboarding).
- Track record of building creative attraction strategies to deliver new hires cost-effectively and within budget.
- Experience in working with external and internal recruitment partners collaboratively.
- Experience working in a complex matrix environment, dealing with demanding and fast-paced client groups, and successfully building/managing sustainable relationships across a variety of countries/locations.
- Ability to deal assertively with conflict and remain positive when under pressure.
- Able to see the big picture and think conceptually, whilst simultaneously working on the details.
- Good knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems such as Oracle Taleo.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, enabling the role holder to build credibility quickly.
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills.
- Proven delivery capabilities – track record of multi-tasking, prioritizing and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and long term).
- Pragmatic, customer-focused approach.
- The proactive, problem-solving approach combined with a willingness to challenge in order to deliver results.
- Flexibility and preparedness to ‘roll up his/her sleeves’ when necessary to get the job done.
- Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation (e.g., data protection).
18th August, 2022 (10:59:00 PM).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online