Patabah Books Limited is a Nigerian-owned company, which was set-up in 1987 to cater to book-lovers. Over the years, Patabah grew into a one-stop shop for books, greeting cards, stationery and gift items.
Job Position: Retail Assistant
Job Location: Surulere, Lagos
- A Retail Assistant is needed for a bookstore. The Retail Assistant’s primary function is to attend to the customers, to help them find the merchandise they are seeking and to make sure that they have a pleasant shopping experience.
- The Retail Assistant is under the supervision of the Retail Manager and is to assist in any way, pertaining to the growth and success of the book store, including customer outreach, keeping the shop clean, and decorating the shop on special occasions.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess at least a Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- Retail experience is a plus but is not mandatory.
- Be a dynamic, self-starter capable of taking entrepreneurial initiative.
- Be well-spoken and able to communicate effectively with others in the English language, in both written and oral forms.
- Be highly organized and punctual.
- Read books regularly (can be fiction or nonfiction).
- Extremely comfortable using digital technology, including familiarity with productivity applications (such as the Microsoft Office Suite, WhatsApp, Canva, and Mailchimp) and popular social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Wordpress).
- Be interested in marketing and selling.
- Be coachable, curious and interested in learning new skills.
- Be able to take initiative and able to work harmoniously within a team.
- Have a neat appearance and friendly disposition.
- Work weeks are 6 days weekly (9:30am – 7:30pm) from Monday to Saturday with 1 Monday off per month
- May be required to work longer hours as projects demand
- Job is based in Suru-Lere, Lagos, Nigeria so ideal candidate should live in Suru-Lere or close by
N75,000 monthly (Gross)
20th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.