Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
- Job Position: Retail Relationship Management Officer
- Job Location: Nigeria
- Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance
- The Retail Relationship Management Officer is a part of the sales team who builds and maintains relationships with customers, develops, exploits, and consummates sales opportunities, drawing in prospective retail customers.
- To observe the competition to see what strategies are being used in order to stay ahead of the competition.
- To contribute to retail business development and execution of branch retail sales plans, in order to achieve desirable profitability.
- To book quality retail loans and monitor for the effective and efficient performance of such loans – This was not included before.
- To foster a productive, value-adding relationship between the bank and customers.
- To support the Retail Cluster Head to grow a portfolio of profitable customers in pursuit of specific sales, service, growth, and opportunity targets
- To contribute to a strong customer-focused service culture in the Branch.
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs
- Execute branch retail sales strategy reflective of the local market conditions to ensure that sales targets are met. This includes having product knowledge, cross-selling, and keeping up to date with changes and developments in the local market/area to drive optimal achievement sales opportunities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships
- To focus on driving customer acquisition and growing volumes, especially in the area of Retail business in the Bank through the opening of different types of accounts.
- To give feedback to the sales team and product management in market situations on new product/existing product development/upgrade for growing small and medium scale businesses and individuals in our marketing environment.
- Conduct daily meetings with other retail sales teams (Marketing Associates), carrying out reviews on the previous day’s activities, and jointly plan for the week ahead.
- Manages and maintains current retail business relationships and seek new accounts through sales
- Engage in retail business development activities and solicitation of new retail business; be actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services.
- Effectively convert service recovery to sales opportunities and sustain client loyalty.
- The collective targets for the MAs are the sole responsibilities of the Retail, RMO who supervises all the activities of MAs under his/her purview.
- Giving sales presentations to a range of prospective customers
- Creatively engage customers as contactless as possible
- Visiting clients and potential customers to evaluate needs or promote products and services
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs
- Ability to identify an acceptable level of lending risk, in line with the bank’s risk appetite statement and to maximize profit from that transaction.
- Comply with the Bank’s complaint resolution process to resolve the matter, maintain our high service standards and mitigate further risks/losses.
- Minimize risks through adherence to KYC compliance as per the bank policies and procedures in all your operations to minimize losses due to frauds.
- Discuss loan terms and conditions, and conduct collateral risk analysis to ensure compliance with the bank’s policies and procedures
- Ensure all documentation is valid and complete in the assigned portfolio.
- Adhering to the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Extract and analyze financial statements, cash flow forecasts, and other complex financial reports, providing an accurate assessment
- Perform prequalification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Analyze financial statements of new customers and evaluate all loan documents.
- Contributes to the growth of deposits, loans, and overdrafts to increase the profitability of the branch.
- Draft and assist the Retail Cluster Head to complete deposit funding and credit proposal papers.
- Negotiating all contracts with prospective customers
- Answering customer questions about credit terms, products, prices, and availability
- Deliver and always maintain customer service standards, for improved service delivery.
- Log customers’ complaints through the customer query register identifying the root causes and addressing them at the source to prevent a recurrence.
- Provide appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel to ensure that customers’ needs are met.
- Offer a consistent yet differentiated customer experience by offering holistic needs analysis and consultation to key clients in portfolio management taking ownership of all categories of customer service matters.
- Consistent and frequent communication with the client providing complete, concise portfolio valuations and guidance.
- Serves as a problem-solver for the client, helping them identify investment criteria, recognize and handle concerns that arise as consultation moves closer to a decision.
- Complies with the use of appropriate processes and procedures expected of all members of staff who are constantly in contact with the customers.
- Advice customers on financial services
- Handles customer complaints and solve problems
- Engaging customers on banking products and services
- Approach and sign on new customers
- Collaborate with peers in the branch to ensure effective support and service delivery.
- Contribute to developing a positive and proactive Safety and Well-being culture including meeting all safety and wellbeing compliance requirements.
- Role model and live the Bank’s Values while adhering to all corporate HR policies
- Exhibit Good leadership skill
- Has a direct responsibility and accountability for the performance of all MA in the branch
- Education: Minimum of First Degree in Any Discipline. Additional Qualification will be an added Advantage
- Specialized knowledge: Minimum of 3 years cognate experience
- Professional Certification: CIBN
- Experience: Sales and Marketing
- Digitally Savvy
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- Strategic thinking and the ability to analyze and solve problems quickly
- Ability to work well with others and lead a team
12th March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online