QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech building the leading mobile bank for Nigeria. A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa.
Job Position: Operational Risk Analyst
Job Location: Lagos
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, highly collaborative team player who enjoys adding structure and taking initiative.
- You will assist the Operational Risk Manager in designing, monitoring, and implementing risk management strategies, processes, and programs.
- Support Business Process Management within QuickCheck – conducting business process review and documentation.
- Assist with implementing framework, tools and procedures to achieve successful risk identification and management within ISO 31000 or COSO frameworks.
- Facilitate risk control awareness, ownership, and accountability.
- Monitor the operational risk management activities at QuickCheck
- Monitor and analyze risks within QuickCheck’s operational processes and document these mitigation plans to relevant stakeholders
- Maintain key aspects of the ORM program, such as risk reporting, risk appetite, risk identification & measurement, operational issue management, risk assessment methodology, emerging risks etc.
- Support operational risk analysis in line with the Operational Risk Framework e.g. RCSAs, quarterly risk reviews, annual risk register reviews, updating risk appetites and validation of operational risk strategies.
- B.Sc. in any relevant field.
- Some knowledge of risk management tools and disciplines
- Understands concept of risk appetite, risk identification, risk impact assessment etc.
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to express technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
- The ability to challenge and question established practices and contribute to the development of new processes
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes
- Strong experience in VBA/SQL/Python or other similar packages necessary.
Benefits and Perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 😎
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, life and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of hybrid working mode (office vs. remote) depending on the role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.