Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
Job Position: Risk Data Analyst
Job Location: Lagos
- This role encompasses the provision of support to the Enterprise Risk Management department to leverage risk data, conduct rigorous data analysis, and contribute towards making recommendations to the business.
- In addition, this role involves assisting the Asset in reducing the liabilities associated with business decisions by conducting research and analyzing market conditions and financial data before informed decisions.
- The role includes coordinating the multi-disciplinary engagement on risk (opportunity and threats) identification and treatment of the Asset(s).
- The role will proactively manage and work seamlessly with internal and external stakeholders to contribute to business performance and improvements of the asset.
- Support special projects related to the development and maturation of ERM programs.
- Help facilitate various business needs such as data analysis and risk report creation.
- Assist in the collection of data that may pertain to specific market, business, or competitive analyses.
- Assist in the management of project plans (including project timelines, data requirements, specific steps)
- Support in maintaining and improving risk management processes, data forms, and reports.
- Provide support to business and process lines on risk identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring, documentation, and reporting.
- Maintain a dynamic enterprise-wide Asset risk register and events & and near-miss(es) register.
- Generate and compile risk data, mine and analyze the data regularly, and generate summary risk reports.
- Provide support to business and process lines in developing their processes and procedures with risk consideration.
- Review policies and processes regularly and identify and escalate gaps that need to be addressed.
- Follow up on risk management recommendations to ensure timely and complete implementation.
- Create risk awareness and facilitate risk management training, seminars, or workshops.
- Monitor activities and processes in the company to ensure that laid down processes are being followed.
- Use analytical software to calculate the cost of risk for key business decisions.
- Comply with requirements of ISO 31000 standard and COSO framework 2017 and the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and all such applicable regulations related to assigned jobs.
- Organize risk financial data and risk budget.
- Prepare reports and anticipate profits or losses of strategic business decisions.
- Ability to research potential clients, to ascertain their / our risk profiles.
- Develop systems and processes for gathering, storing, and retrieval of data for analytics.
- Monitoring data points that may affect the risk level of a decision-making process.
- Contribute to the company’s HSSE targets and aspirations. Adhere to process safety and safety-critical rules relevant to the asset.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Asset Risk Manager.
- A University Degree in Finance or equivalent in Science or Social Science field
- At least 4 – 6 years of E&P experience and exposure
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of Upstream Operations
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Experience with working in a multi-discipline and/or multi-cultural team is advantageous.
- Risk management experience in the relevant sector
- Commercial, contract management, and cost awareness
- Previous exposure to engagement with Government and regulatory Stakeholders will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of the risks and commercial issues associated with upstream assets.
- Strong foundation in data analysis with the ability to work independently, as well as challenge and support others.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Data Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Persuasive skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online