Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Job Position: Rotating Equipment Engineer
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Mechanical Engineer is required to support the delivery of all Mechanical work scope at all phases of the Opportunity Realization Standard. S/He will report directly to Head, Mechanical Engineering
- Develop mechanical deliverables (pumps, Compressors and Turbines with associated piping) at all phases of project
- Review Projects and Asset Mechanical engineering deliverables (Pumps, Compressors and Turbines with associated piping) in line with DCA.F
- Provide other Mechanical Engineering Support at Concept definition, FEED, Detailed Engineering design and Construction phases of projects.
- Contribute to the development of equipment specifications and ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements, discipline and Shell/project standards and specifications during equipment procurement.
- Manage Mechanical related change process on projects.
- Work with the Project Engineering, Asset Maintenance and the Engineering Disciplines to identify and utilize replication / standardization opportunities.
- Contribute to technical and Safety audits and design reviews (e.g., HAZOP, peer reviews, design reviews etc) to ensure compliance with legislation and Shell global policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Assist to develop technical contract specifications (Mechanical aspect), and participate in technical and commercial bid evaluations, contract variations and disputes/claims as might be required.
- Evolve and manage suitable strategy for identification, documentation and Integration on lessons learnt from other related projects, recently completed or ongoing to leverage project performance.
- Provide inputs to drive achievement of Goal Zero at the Project and Asset worksite and support the implementation of site HSE Management Plan for the project and Asset at site level where applicable.
- Participate in construction site activities to ensure compliance to standards and procedures.
- Manage mechanical related change process on projects and assets.
- Participate in equipment troubleshooting, fault diagnosis and apply learnings to future equipment design.
- Participate in running equipment maintenance job routine development.
- Positions requires a seasoned Mechanical Engineering graduate with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, registrable or registered with COREN & NSE
- Minimum of 5 years in Mechanical engineering (Rotating equipment inclusive) practice in the Oil & Gas industry or equivalent in other industries.
- A graduate of Shell advance training program is desired.
- Must have an Engineering certificate.
- Conversant with Nigerian and International oil and gas facilities design codes and standards. Familiarity with Shell standard will be an advantage
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Application suites and common design software such as Caeser II, PVelite, Excel for rotating equipment sizing or equivalents.
- Ability to function effectively in a multi-ethnic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Good personal relations and communications skills are paramount for success. Inter-cultural awareness, team integration abilities are a requirement
- Personal effectiveness and ability to work and deliver with minimal supervision.
- Inquisitiveness and exploratory capacities to look for unusual solution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online