Catilas Resources Limited – Our client in the Maritime / Oil and Gas industry is recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Position: Safety Officer
- Job Location: Koko, Delta
- We are looking for a responsible and experienced Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines in the Maritime / Oil and Gas industry.
- You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
- The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations.
- Your work will be largely focused on prevention, so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
- The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to the company policy, regulatory standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery, etc.).
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Review existing policies and measures and update them according to legislation.
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g., not using protective equipment).
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances, etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to management.
Required Education / Qualification:
- BSc / BA / OND / HND in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Valid certification in Occupational health and safety (Maritime/Oil and Gas sector) is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates currently in similar roles within the Maritime/oil and gas sector.
- Proven experience as a safety officer
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory guidelines (e.g. OSH/Maritime) and procedures.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is based in Koko in Delta State and interviews will be conducted in Lagos.