Nicole Sinclair is a dynamic Human Resources Consulting firm based in Lagos, Nigeria. Our expertise lies in superior talent attraction services while we partner with our esteemed clients in providing training solutions to develop these talents. Our services are provided for both the local and international markets.
Job Position: Safety Officer
Job Location: Yaba, Lagos
- We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery, etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update them according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances, etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- BSc / BA in Safety Management, Engineering or a relevant field is preferred.
- 1 – 4 years work experience.
- Proven experience as a safety officer
- In-depth knowledge of legislation and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Must have worked in a warehouse or factory.
23rd January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.