HMD Africa is the leading multi-brand distributor of machinery, equipment and parts in West Africa. Our comprehensive portfolio of premium brands is the industry reference. Founded in Lebanon in 1976, HMD evolved from a one stop shop for used machinery & parts to an international distribution company with a footprint in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and USA.
Since the year 2000, HMD has been focused on playing an integral role in the building of West African infrastructure, where we clearly positioned ourselves as the ultimate machinery solutions partner. HMD’s success is driven by its team of experts whose passion is to exceed all expectations and provide genuine after sales support. The core of HMD’s business is to understand customer needs and to provide quality solutions and services with professionalism and integrity. We strive not only to succeed but rather to be of value. Our ultimate goal is to uplift the machinery industry across Africa.
Job Position: Sales Advisor
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
- To promote and sell HMD’s product portfolio to existing and new clients,
- Establish and maintain relationship with clients by means of calling and visiting.
Accountability & Responsibility
Scope of Accountability:
- To effectively promote sales of the HMD’s heavy construction equipment and machinery.
- Plan and implement customer call program to cover the entire HMD’s mining, construction equipment and machineries, Forestry, Material and Transportation product range such as Doosan Excavators, bulldozers, dump trucks, Bomag Rollers, Bobcat Backhoes and skid steers, Carmix concrete mixers and Iveco trucks with the assigned territory.
- Consistently maintaining the existing client database within the company’s core values.
- Coordinate with After Market, & Rental teams to achieve business objectives.
- Be abreast with our product portfolio.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meeting the customers and giving product presentations
- Negotiating and convincing the customers to buy the products
- Making cold calls to find the prospective customers and recommending standard products to the customers.
- Also, performing the job of selling maintenance and repair services to the prospective clients.
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales goals by developing action plans and schedules to identify specific sales prospects, targets, and/or markets and to project number of contacts to be made.
- Actively use territory management tools to prospect, source and maintain quality customers in assigned area.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity and Keeping records of customer follow ups
- Actively engage in collecting the receivables
- Gathering intelligence data from competition and forwarding to the sales manager so that effective strategies can be decided upon.
- Respond promptly and effectively to customer inquiries.
- Study customer needs and coordinate customer service.
- Prepare for and attend exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities.
- Maintain a professional image always through personal actions and initiatives.
- Enhance the company’s reputation and brand image by consistently working to implement the Company’s core values.
- Update job knowledge for both products and sales/marketing strategies and skills by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; networking; and participating in professional organizations.
- Prepare reports as assigned relative to activity, lost orders, closings, follow-up, and performance against budget.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve the set sales target
- Timely and Accurate Reporting (Sales activities and Competition Information)
- Timely Completion of Marketing Activities.
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration / Engineering / Marketing / Finance or a related field.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in sales and marketing from the construction and/or mining sectors.
- Country Experience is a major plus; Machinery Experience (or B2B company) is a major plus.
- Technical Competencies
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent marketing and sales skills.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of the business, competitors and our customer’s markets; preferably experience from construction machinery, construction and mining industries.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- Must be an avid team player
- Excellent knowledge of the construction machinery, construction industry and the mining industry
- Able to work under diverse working conditions
- Able to handle the sales pressure.
- Possess personal qualities of Integrity, Respect, and Commitment to corporate mission.
- Excellent Interpersonal, Communication, Collaboration and Influence abilities.
- Customer Driven (Internal & External).
- High energy with strong Drive for results.
- Creativity and Innovation, with ability to come up with new ideas and initiatives.
- Inclusiveness and ability to work well with different cultures and working environments.
- Fluency in languages: English.
- Ability to drive
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
22nd February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.