Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company headquartered in London, United Kingdom Founded in 2012 with the vision to redefine the image of Africa, Welcome2Africa specialises in catalysing investment interest in the continent, with a current focus on agribusiness. The private sector has long been acknowledged as the engine of economic growth. Yet, the sector is largely under-developed or informal in many African countries. Compounding this problem, the financial sector also tends to be under-developed across the continent, leaving many segments of the population, including entrepreneurs, under-served or un-served altogether.
Due to limited budgets, governments are often unable to effectively intervene to correct this market failure. Welcome2Africa works with, and mobilises investment from a variety of actors, including local as well as international commercial and corporate banks,development finance institutions, aid agencies, foundations, impact investors, private equity firms and more.
Job Position: Sales Associate
Job Location: Abuja
- Are you a tenacious Sales professional with a passion for creating unforgettable events whilst driving revenue?
- Join us as a Sales Associate and be part of a team that play a pivotal role in crafting impactful experiences for all our clients.
- Within the Programs Department, the Sales Associate is expected to:
- Generate leads by organizing and participating in networking events and attending exhibitions
- Manage a portfolio of partnerships within the policies of W2A
- Provides strategic assistance to Program Officers, in developing strategies and processes, as well as in initiating and enhancing partnership relationships with multilateral and bilateral development institutions, foundations and the private sector
- Build and develop relationships with potential and existing clients
- Drive new sales, establish repeat business partnerships
- Participate in organizing a range of high-profile events each year ranging from conferences, meetings, bespoke events and international tours.
- Develop and update fact sheets, internal guidance notes, and engagement strategies on specific Welcome2Africa partnerships.
- Create and implement the sales strategy
- Work closely with the Programs and Research team to develop and maintain a partnership tracker.
- Support partner follow-up schedule and ensure monitoring visits or emails happen in coordination with the Communications team and responsible program officers.
- Spearhead sales of exhibition spaces, custom sponsorship packages and delegate passes
- Strategize alongside the Programs Team to uncover fresh topics and revenue streams
- Ensure the sales target for each event is achieved.
- Support for Specific Projects
- Working in partnership with the responsible Program Officer:
- Collaborates in developing and writing proposals for investors;
- Participates in negotiations with investors partners;
- Helps in the preparation of the budget and ensures appropriate -recovery of administrative costs; and
- Supports the monitoring of the performance of partnerships
- Experience managing a sales team
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible professional experience in sales, donor relations, fundraising and partnerships.
- Ability to work across a broad range of geographical regions
- Ability to build and strengthen and leverage a range of relationships using formal and informal opportunities. Collaborative spirit and ability to tactfully engage with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy.
- Ability to plan, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, juggle competing priorities successfully, and work to tight deadlines with a high degree of autonomy.
20th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Portfolio to: email@example.com using the Position as the subject of the email.