Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
- Job Position: Sales Engineer
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Daystar Power Group is looking to engage competent and experienced Sales Engineers to design suitable solar solutions to help meet our clients’ needs.
- He or she will work with the Sales Engineering Manager to understand the client’s power needs, conduct detailed site audits, and design custom solutions to meet the client’s objectives.
- We are seeking hard-working, self-motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Solar Systems Design
- Conduct site/energy audits and analyze customer needs.
- Produce comprehensive technical and commercial offers.
- Perform system costing in coordination with the supply chain department and other internal key stakeholders.
- Manage the preparation of bids, proposal content, conformance to Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements.
- Assist in market research and identify solar energy projects in Africa.
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector.
- Liaise with regulatory and governmental institutions as required.
- Approximately 50% of time shall be spent in office environments with the remaining time in the field.
- The Engineer shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg; stand for an extended period of time; work in an outdoor environment.
- Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Electrical Engineering roles, preferably in the renewable energy or power industry, installing and/or maintaining solar systems.
- Competencies: Computer proficiency required, creating spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Software Programs (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Use of software like HOMER, Pvsyst and Helioscope.
- Language Proficiency: English (excellent oral & writing skills).
- French (oral & writing skills) will be an added advantage
- Character: A self-motivated individual that demonstrates a sense of ownership with a high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate about the quality of workmanship.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in teams.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Must demonstrate excellent team and people management skills.
- Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with an international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with a long-term prospect in a fast-growing company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.