Maisha Meds is an organisation dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years have grown to support over 1.5 million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
Job Position: Sales Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent Sales Manager who will join our team with a focus on growing our customer base in Nigeria.
- The candidate should have experience in sales and customer acquisition, lead generation, converting sales, and leading sales and customer service team.Should be familiar with Hubspot or other CRM tools.
- The sales manager should enjoy a fast-paced working environment, love working with and interacting with customers, and contributing to creating a vibrant customer support culture at Maisha Meds.
- You should be a strong communicator, and have the capacity to lead teams working remotely.
- Map facilities, conduct regular outreach, and foster a network for referrals to generate leads.
- Coordinate the activities of all sales reps and customer success executives to ensure that they are accountable to their respective targets.
- Present, promote and sell our software and the corresponding hardware using a question-led, active listening approach to selling and train the sales team to do so
- Expertly master our product knowledge to accurately inform and educate prospective customers.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
- On our CRM, HubSpot, regularly track your activities, deals and pipeline.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Manage, coach and hire a team of Sales executives.
- Degree (minimum) in Business, Customer Service, Pharmacy Business or other related fields.
- Tech conversant and ability to quickly learn and become a proficient user of both our app and internal tools.
- 2 – 3 years experience leading a team of sales professionals.
- Active listening skills.an ability to listen to customers when selling to understand their challenges and how we help solve them.
- Experience with sales processes and CRM systems a plus.
- Excited and energetic to work tirelessly on acquiring customers.
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback, and continuous improvement.
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with conscientiousness, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
- Willingness to travel across to all geopolitical zones to support customer acquisition efforts
Why You Should Join Us
- On a roll: Doubling year over year with new funding partnerships soon to be announced and recent expansion into Uganda, Nigeria, and Ethiopia
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Stanford School of Medicine, Google, mPharma, I&M bank. We have technologists, clinicians, and economists working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great funders: We’re backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID Development Innovation Ventures, CIFF, WHO FIND, and Pfizer to pay for healthcare on behalf of patients, with others to be announced soon.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $50+ billion market for healthcare payments for low-income patients, with a focus on paying for health outcomes to ensure patients get better.
- Great customers: Create incentives that ensure our nurses, pharmacists, and clinicians provide excellent care and pay them when this happens.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online