Hermes Oil Services Limited, a major provider of downstream oil and gas, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Sales Representative
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
- The sales representative will have a strong understanding of the sales process and excel at generating leads, building relationships, and closing deals.
- The ideal candidate will be a quick learner who has strong negotiating skills and an ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way.
- Often tasked with giving presentations and attending networking events and industry trade shows, the sales representative must be both personable and professional.
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Learn the products and services offered, including the sales terms (e.g., special features, return and warranty policies).
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Organize clients’ data and set up daily activity reports using the approved reporting template.
- The sales staff is required to visit the location of their client at least on the first supply to make sure that there is an understanding of the company/location, what their own procedures are and introduce himself to the staff involved with the processes at their location.
- Calculate business trends, like monthly sales rates.
- Analyze market trends.
- Monitor competition and follow current developments.
- Find prospective customers and new target segments.
- Use promotional methods such as phone calls, emails and social media to reach potential clients and build a long-lasting business relationship with them.
- Recommend and select products for each customer based on their individual needs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the company’s various products and services.
- Become an expert in our product offerings and serve as a go-to source for clients who want more information concerning our products.
- Describe products and explain Hermes’ value proposition to prospective customers.
- Discover customers’ needs and offer solutions to them through the company’s services or products.
- Use data to help customers understand how products can help them achieve their goals.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as processing and recording sales, as needed.
- Taking responsibility for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Intervening to stop unsafe acts and conditions in the workplace that could injure personnel or adversely impact the environment.
- Participating in daily, weekly, and monthly safety meetings.
- Identifying hazards in your work area and mitigating or eliminating them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- 2 – 4 years of experience as a sales representative or similar role.
- Proven experience as sales personnel in downstream oil and gas industry.
- Understanding of sales process, preferably with customer service experience.
- Strong ability to balance persuasion with professionalism.
- Proven success rate at levels above sales quota.
- Willingness to travel.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
N100,000 – N150,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV / Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Sales Representative” as the subject of the email.