Standard Bearers School (SBS) was established at a time when the educational system in Nigeria was going through a difficult phase. The idea to establish SBS was borne out of the desire of the founder to create a school where academic and creative talents were given similar priorities.
SBS is a family school that offers holistic education to parents seeking a technology-driven, 21st-century education for their children. We are lifelong learners who belong to a community where all individuals are valued and supported on their journey to self-discovery.
- Job Position: School Administrator
- Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
- The candidate must have an excellent understanding of pedagogy strategies that support first-class/international teaching and learning activities.
- Must have experience in a blended curriculum setting and can drive excellent teaching and learning practices in the British Curriculum.
- The School Administrator’s responsibilities include handling all allocated tasks, answering questions and queries, understanding the school’s policies, and communicating with parents, teachers, and students as required.
- The candidate will work closely with the Executive Director, Head Teacher, and Facility Manager to provide departmental budgets; where there are needs, you will work with the CFO to determine a skeletal budget.
- Monitors admissions processes (physical school and virtual), Documentation & Assessments.
- Understanding and reviewing the way the school and all its department’s function.
- Must ensure a good synergy in harmonizing the activities of the school.
- Manage Regulatory Compliance for SBS i.e., Lagos State Ministry of Education Registration, LASG Quality Assurance Department, and other compliance documentation needed.
- Monitor all issues related to Student Recruitment and Retention.
- To develop and supervise the implementation of the school’s adopted curriculum
- Effectively oversee the day to day running of the school, both the academic and administrative sectors.
- In charge of parents-relations, admissions, record keeping, etc.
- Taking into account each teacher’s workload and extracurricular activities when developing class schedules.
- Candidate must have excellent IT skills and a good understanding of the use of Technology in education.
- Monitor Administrative Procedures in all SBS Departments.
- Conducting research on professional and ongoing learning workshops and sharing these opportunities with teachers and other staff.
- Candidate will be required to facilitate the development, implementation, and stewardship of the vision of teaching & learning, that is shared and supported by all stakeholders.
- Attending meetings and scheduling appropriate staff team building sessions.
- Keeping track of student successes and failures and preparing appropriate interventions.
- Managing school security, caretakers, and other junior staff.
- Assisting with the training, and onboarding of new teachers.
- Managing and monitoring of the implementation of the resource allocation process within the School.
- Responsible for Student Transportation Program.
- Design a School Bus post-Covid plan to be presented to parents.
- Candidate must be sound in Establishing and maintaining good relationships with parents, students, and staff.
- Preparing and submitting drafts of proposals, financial reports, and other documents.
- Minimum Qualification: B.Ed / M.Ec and PGDE with 5 – 10 years work experience as a school administrator.
- A good and above-average understanding of the Nigerian and British Curriculum
- Knowledge of ICT
- Strong ability to lead a team.
- Preferred candidate must be available to resume within a short period.
3rd February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.