MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
Job Position: Secretary
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Operations and Support Services and Compliance management of which are located in Lagos / PH, Nigeria
- Administrative assistance to the DGM / EGM and support to a Team of about 100 Persons of diverse nationalities
- Review and periodical update of appropriate schedules to reflect data / input provided by team members
- Management of communications and information dissemination as an integral part of Team’s performance such that a constructive and cooperative working relationship is maintained.
- Assist with the preparation of Corporate Letters (Proper packaging for dispatch, Filing & Archiving), Memos (DOA.etc)
- Dissemination of information, Scheduling of appointments with the hierarchy, Liaising with other secretaries for signatures, Company information etc
- Focal point for requests and incident reports to be made to the facilities management entity of Eko Towers
- Assign chronological numbers to letters
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution
- Manage travel arrangements for the hierachy; follow up on full approval of mission orders, transportation and accommodation requests
- Manage requests for reservations of meeting rooms
- Collation of all administrative enquiries and suggestions for the hierarchy’s consideration for approval and further action
- Sort for distribution, incoming correspondence, prepare responses to those containing routine inquiries
- Ensure proper archiving of documents using documentation software for proper document management
- Schedule and organise resources for meetings, workshops etc when required
- General management of administrative forms (absence request and weekend duty) and update of applicable schedule
- Encouraging and building mutual respect and co-operation among team members
- Assist in organising relevant office events where applicable (Lunch, Dinners, Sendforth, Celebration of milestones)
- Processing of expenses incurred during travels and other means
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to the hierarchy and other appropriate parties and/or take messages with relations to the team
- Manage requests and keeping inventory of office supplies and consumables
- General administrative support to the OSS and Compliance teams
- Other tasks as assigned by the hierarchy
Context and Environment:
- Role is performed in a Lagos based office, committing to a robust office administration in the Operations Support
- Services and Compliance teams consisting of staff from diverse nationalities.
The Job holder adheres to the HSE rules:
- Be in constant alignment with HSE Company rules, Procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation
- Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger
- Exercising caution as necessary to avoid danger to persons and installations or avoid pollution
- Responsible for the promotion of Company safety, environment and quality policies and programs, and carry out HSE specific duties and responsibilities related to the job
- Report to Management HSE issues faced or observed and propose ways of improvement.
- Accountabilities include ensuring appropriate confidentiality and professionalism in all matters and tasks performed
- Support the team in full administrative capacity to achieve overall team objectives
Required Qualifications / Experience
- HND or above in relevant subject
- 5 years experience in related tasks
- Good computer skills
- Strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills and good team spirit
- Working knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
6th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.