Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job Position: Security Manager
- Job ID: HOT0781W
- Job Location: Abuja
- Security Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of security for assigned hotels to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience while assisting in investigations and liaising with local enforcement officials when necessary and managing overall safety and risk management processes for assigned hotels to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience.
- As a Security Manager, you are responsible for managing all aspects of security, safety, and risk management processes for assigned hotels to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience.
- A Security Manager will also be required to assist in investigations and liaise with local enforcement officials.
- A Security Manager will also be required to carry out full investigations and audit the hotel to ensure health and safety compliance.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- To liaise with Corporate Directors and Senior Managers of the Safety & Security Department on the implementation of Company Policies, guides, and matters of mutual interest. Directs and coordinates the activities of all security personnel, engaged in the implementation of safety and security procedures for the department, and provide any possible assistance and advice to other departments in relation to security.
- Plan, co-ordinates and implement Health and Safety Policies within the department in liaison with the Hotel’s Health and Safety Manager.
- Ensure the hotel complies with Hilton’s Security Manual and ensures there is a plan to ensure maximum implementation of all policies. 12 monthly review of all Security Policies required in conjunction with Hotel/General Manager.
- Conduct regular internal security audits to ensure compliance with Hilton’s Security Manual
- Prepare quarterly security reports to identify security trends and monitor the success of the department. Review with the GM/Director of Operations to develop working plans: compare actual accomplishments against goals and periodically take necessary and corrective action.
- Review regularly all policies, systems, and procedures including emergency drills and bomb procedures
- Lead and direct investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss, and unlawful activities. Interrogating, analyzing situations, and report writing/Complaint handling with a view to correcting erring staff/counseling. Document details/records and advise Management.
- Promote safe work practices. Assist in ensuring compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and preventive measures. Assist in the development, administration, and implementation of safety incentive programs and safety training classes. Visually identify, correct and record safety hazards.
- Develop, direct and coordinate training of all security officers in all fields of security which includes fire life safety, First Aid, CPR, as well as other Corporate approved programs such as Anti-Terrorism and Workplace Violence training.
- Be fully conversant with the Voluntary Principles on Human rights, Modern Slavery, and Human Trafficking and deliver compliance within the Hotel.
- Screen, interview, select, manage, review and counsel Security Managers, Supervisors and Officers to maintain order throughout the hotel. Periodically review Officers and Supervisors’ logs to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Direct and manage Lost-but-Found complaints. Assist as needed with guest issues.
- Conduct regular patrol of the property to ensure all areas are safe and secure.
- Conduct Security Department meetings. Attend and participate in other required hotel meetings.
- Planning, directing, controlling, coordinating, delegating, assigning, organizing, analyzing, and directing the activities of the security operation
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with external agencies including police, fire authorities, and other related services to ensure a coordinated approach.
- Liaising with Government agencies and parastatals and local institutions on all security situations and matters for effective planning and necessary action.
What are we looking for?
A Safety and Security Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Five or more years in Security or related experience required within the hospitality industry
- Effective time management skills
- Supervisory skills
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills and people skills
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Ability to deal effectively with all team members and guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information
- Experience in Safety and Security Management
- Fire Safety Management/Risk Assessment
- Ability to make decisions independently, complete in-depth investigations, and act as an expert in Safety and Security within the hotels
- Communicate with team members to assist in their personal development through identification of individual training needs, development or support
- Participate in necessary training and request training to meet development needs
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing in order to ascertain and document important information
- Thorough knowledge of the hotel’s floor plans and layout of the building(s), function rooms, and working knowledge of the city and surrounding area
- Ability to use a variety of programs on the computer in order to prepare correspondence, produce reports and presentations and communicate via email
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for an eight-plus hour shift
- Visual ability to observe team members in the workplace, analyze operations and detect situations of concern with regard to both team member and guest behaviors
- High School graduate or equivalent
- University Degree in Security and Safety
- Fire Safety Management/Risk Assessment
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Previous experience with Hilton Security and Safety standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online