Jaykay Group is a manufacturing company that deals with the production of carpets, rugs, tufted grass, mosque runners etc.
Job Position: Senior Accountant
Job Location: Sharada, Kano
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with ourFinancial Manager and Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- 5 years work experience.
- Proven experience as an accountant or senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks is an added advantage
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be an added advantage
23rd October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.