Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
Job Position: Senior Associate Counsel
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
- Flutterwave is seeking a seasoned Senior Associate Counsel to act as the primary legal contact for assigned clients, and provide support and answer questions for higher-level attorneys.
- The Senior Associate Counsel will exemplify legal compliance policy/standards and advise clients on compliance issues.
- You will provide legal advice in a fast-paced, dynamic, sometimes ambiguous and matrixed environment, involving a variety of disciplines, including engineering, privacy, data usage, security, marketing, ethics, public relations, finance, and business development.
- You will navigate ambiguity, assess and mitigate risk, adapt to rapidly changing circumstances and have the opportunity and need to make tough and sound decisions promptly.
- Subject Expertise: You are a contributor about legal and related business matters for clients and colleagues; and you have a basic understanding of legal principles and you can effectively interpret legal information.
- Solution Implementation: You identify, anticipate, and propose solutions for legal risks; and you manage project work expenses according to budget and provide feedback to the improvement of project operations.
- Issue Resolution: You resolve project-specific issues by interacting with outside counsel or other service providers as directed by your manager.
- Communication: You organize and simplify issues and ideas in written or verbal communication, and you structure, draft, and negotiate transactional documents; you work collaboratively within and across Legal and other business functions and departments.
- Corporate functions: You identify and engage appropriate stakeholders in Legal and other departments, and escalate issues when necessary.
- Product Legal Counseling: You are responsible for supporting a variety of legal needs in connection with Flutterwave’s products and services, including tracking new or emerging regulations and ensuring products are developed and implemented in accordance with those laws.
- Individual contributor with leading law firm and/or in-house experience.
- Law Degree from a reputable university and an active license to practice law in your jurisdiction.
- 4+ years of experience as a practicing attorney in a relevant specialized practice area (tech, fintech, financial services).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with technology concepts, technologies and related legal issues;
- Excellent negotiation, legal drafting, and communications skills;
- Sound judgment that incorporates legal analysis, a pragmatic approach, and consideration for business goals and risk tolerance, and stakeholder priorities;
- Understanding of a service-oriented and customer obsessed approach to providing legal support;
- Enthusiastic “team player” who enjoys partnering with cross functional teams to solve complex issues, invests in others, and works collaboratively to generate consensus across diverse points of view;
- Comfort with ambiguity and with a bias for action in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment;
- Agility and openness to adapting practice in response to evolving business strategies and transformation; and
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines in the face of competing priorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online