Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best-known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft, our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
- Job Position: Senior Designer
- Job Number: 939802
- Job Location: Lagos
- Travel: None
- Profession: Engineering
- Role Type: Individual Contributor
- Microsoft’s Mixed Reality Design and UX Research team is looking for a customer-focused Senior Designer with expertise in 3D interaction-design, and experience designing subscription experiences.
- You will conceive, design, and prototype new types of 3D collaborative interactions and end-to-end subscription UX. In the latter, you are familiar with various types of subscription funnels, and you have experience in customer-acquisition, conversion, and retention.
- In designing these experiences, you embrace customer-requirements and data, leveraging customer-feedback, website metrics, and A/B testing to understand where the experience is succeeding, where it needs to be improved, and removing friction points that hinder a seamless UX. This is a mix of art and science.
- In all areas, you will collaborate closely with other designers (interaction, tech-design, and tech-art), researchers, and other engineering and marketing disciples.
As a Senior Designer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, and help build seamless interactions and subscription-services for Mixed Reality
- Provide strategic-design thought-leadership, for example with ‘user-journeys’ that span multiple devices, audiences, platforms, and technologies
- Embrace data and customer-feedback, and use them to improve your designs
- Effectively communicate the status of projects and services across the working-team and organization
- Seek out, understand, and leverage the best-practices and learnings of other subscription UX across Microsoft (for example, Xbox Live, Dynamics 365, and Microsoft 365)
- Champion and evangelize the teams’ efforts throughout the organization
- Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards a successful resolution.
- Be a positive, collaborative, and creative force on the team
- BA / BFA in Service Design, Interaction Design or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience as a service designer, interaction designer, or related experience.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in services, Live Ops, or sustained engineering.
- Technical acumen and expertise. An understanding of designing, prototyping, building, delivering, and maintaining applications and services for high availability, resiliency, and performance in a dynamic environment.
- Expertise with 3D design software, prototyping tools, and dev-frameworks. Unity expertise required, and familiarity with game engines like Unreal, and web-frameworks like React, is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand what resonates with users and creators and ability to translate consumer and business goals into end-to-end feature plans (scenarios, functional specs, schedules).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to build consensus among diverse stakeholders. Be comfortable presenting and demonstrating products for large and small audiences.
- Proactively seeks and gives feedback.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and results-driven.
- Expertise with AWS, Azure, PlayFab, and/or Xbox Live services.
- Connecting Cloud Services – leveraging the power of the Cloud through service integration
- Designed a service for an experience-based product that has shipped
- Storyteller – proficient in storyboarding to showcase the end-to-end user experience
- Experience in Marketing or working closely with marketers is also a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online