NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society. With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement – all grounded in learning science – to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
Job Position: Senior Officer, Finance
Job Location: Lagos
- The Senior Officer, Finance holds an important finance & administrative of finance business unit at NewGlobe. This position is responsible for accuracy of inventory entry on NAV, physical inventory verification, booking and vetting vendor invoices, End of Month review, monthly tax filing and acting as finance business support.
- The Senior Officer Finance will report directly to the Controller, Finance.
- Posting of transactions on Navision (daily expenses, Payable, receivables & and advance payments made to suppliers)
- Filings of tax return and remit all relevant taxes (PAYE, WHT and VAT) to the respective authority
- Recognition of monthly revenue as per partnership invoices and fees collections
- Advise shared service team on the relevant account codes for proper posting of transaction
- Review journals and prepare monthly, quarterly reports as well as manage correspondences with external auditors
- Ensure that all inventory transaction are recorded accurately in the ERP system by coordinating inventory receipts and consumption activities
- Reviewing purchase orders, GRN’s, e.t.c for accuracy and ensuring that they have been approved by the appropriate department head or manager
- Verifying inventory counts and recording adjustments to inventory levels for items that have been used, damaged, or lost
- Collaborate with Financial Managers and other team members to successfully execute various accounting tasks
- Act as a finance support officer by guiding stakeholders and ensuring that all transaction are treated according to provision of finance policies, processes and procedures
You will also:
- Develop financial and non-financial key performance indicators and the appropriate reporting to assess financial and operational performance across the region.
- Ensure that systems and controls are in place to minimize and mitigate risk of fraud/leakage, as well as proactively audit key functions and accounts.
- Support business expansion strategies by forecasting and assessing the financial impact of key decisions.
- Maintain budgetary oversight within the business units.
- Manage the external audit process for financial statements; ensure that the Company is in compliance with internal policies and relevant regulations.
- Degree in a Business / Finance related field – e.g. Accounting.
- Professional qualifications: ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- At least 4 years of experience within the finance unit of a medium size organization.
- Strong background in financial management with a thorough understanding of financial regulations.
- Experience interacting with Government clients and an understanding of the financial processes within the public sector
- Success operating in environments with high risk of fraud and leakage, particularly in emerging markets.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online