The NSIA-LUTH Cancer Center (NLCC) is West Africa’s most renowned center dedicated solely to offering premium cancer care, research, education and prevention. Our aesthetic facility stands distinct within the walls of the prestigious Lagos University Teaching Hospital and boasts of world class, state-of-the-art equipment and facilities that deliver international standard Cancer care in a comfortable and safe environment. Our Clinical team comprises of highly skilled and experienced in-house Clinical and Radiation Oncologists, Oncology Nurses and other multidisciplinary specialists with a proven track record of excellence in clinical leadership and expertise in the field of Oncology.
Job Position: Senior Finance Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- This is a full-time on-site Senior Finance Officer role based in Lagos State, Nigeria.
- The Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for day-to-day financial operations, financial statements analysis, financial reporting, and communication with relevant stakeholders.
- The Senior Finance Officer will report to the Finance Officer.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness in line with International financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts; prepares monthly financial statements, including distributing monthly revenue and expenditure reports to departments.
- Ensure all company’s financial transactions are captured accurately and timely, manually and within the electronic accounting systems (SAGE 200). Maintain an efficient filing and document retrieval system of all accounting books and ledgers.
- Analyzes and reconciles expenditure and revenue accounts, including investment reports.
- Makes wire transfers and journal funding transfers and reconciles monthly bank statements.
- Calculates and prepares reimbursement billings and tracks receivables; reconciles monthly accounts receivable.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets; prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual performance and highlight issues for Management attention.
- Prepares audit schedules for external auditors and assist with the audit process.
- Prepare monthly management accounts including but not limited to – profit and loss account, balance sheet, bank reconciliation statements and receivables and payables ageing analyses.
- Cash control and disbursement: prepare periodic treasury reports, cash flow forecasts; liaise with banks; process all payables; monitor all receivables.
- Computation of PAYE, Pension Contribution etc. to respective bodies.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare periodic tax returns, assist with ensuring compliance with remittances, reporting and other requirements for WHT, VAT, and Company Income Tax etc.
- Appraise, evaluate, and maintain accurate and comprehensive inventory of all company’s assets, recording information such as the property’s description, value, and location.
- Reviewing and verifying accuracy of data;
- Prepares and files annual financial statements
- Prepare invoices for all customers and client
- Assists with the preparation of the annual and mid-year budgets.
- Assists with the fiscal year-end and fixed asset accounting.
- Provide the necessary support to auditors and other regulatory reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Strong analytical skills in finance
- Experience in creating financial statements and financial reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a qualified accountant (ICAN/ACCA)
- Experience in healthcare industry finance preferred
- Knowledge of Nigerian tax laws and financial regulations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.