Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Job Position: Senior Front End Developer
Job Locations: Abuja
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking to employ a Senior Front End Developer who will provide technical support to the Data.Fi Nigeria software development team. S/he will be responsible for directing the front-end development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications.
- The Senior Front End Developer would oversee task management, standardization, skills improvement, technical meetings, and documented sprint demos in addition to validating team performance metrics, while ensuring effective communication between team members and other project functional areas. S/he will further rally the software development team towards the Product vision and technical strategy.
- The Senior Front End Developer will report to the DevOps Manager.
- Lead the front-end development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of country level digital tools.
- Take a leadership role in development and implementation technical strategies and solution architectures and design of the project’s suite of technologies.
- Work closely with stakeholders including the product owners to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
- Co-Lead the planning and documentation of technical specifications of system design and features
- Work with the management team to ensure that all technical and user requirements, requested enhancements and reported bugs are accurately captured, validated, and prioritized into the portfolio backlog, product backlogs and comprehensively logged as Epics, Features, Stories and Tasks on specified PM tools.
- Co-facilitate review sprints with product owners and other stakeholders to secure approval and acceptance from the product owners, and Retrospect sprints to capture lessons learned and actionable improvements applicable to future sprints.
- Mentoring team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards
- Lead implementation of Palladium’s standardized software development approach, including accompanying tools and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Work closely with the DevOps manager to plan for and prioritize resource needs for systems development
- Participate in the writing of testable, scalable, and efficient code and leading code reviews
- Spearhead adoption and compliance to global best practices including the principles of digital development, applicable coding conventions, open standards, and security standards.
- Work with the DevOps Management and IS Regional Team in specific application release planning and development of deployment schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in development and implementation of digital health tools specifically relating to technology and data solutions in a data driven environment.
- Solid technical background with understanding or hands on experience in development and implementation of Information Systems that support health and social protection programs
- Experience leading software development teams.
- Solid knowledge of responsive web design using Bootstrap and related technologies.
- Experience deploying large scale solutions using containers and other cloud technologies.
- Experience using digital tools to manage projects, such as Microsoft Teams, Planner, Jira.
- Experience working with technology teams to ensure design and solution architecture outputs meet the business requirements.
- Experience with Global Goods for digital health such as DHIS, OpenMRS and OpenHIE will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online