GUS Consulting Limited – Our client is one of Africa’s fastest-growing enterprise marketing Technology Company. They aggregate and enrich difficult-to-source consumer data, generating measurable outcomes for telco’s, banks, and larger brands. Some of their achievements include winning the Future of Workplace Awards for Employer of the Year and One of the Best 100 Companies to Work for in Nigeria by Jobberman in 2018, amongst others. Their culture and values revolve around Dynamism, Autonomy, Team work and Agility which reflect our attitude towards work and our light hearted spirit towards our people.
Job Position: Senior Frontend Engineer
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- As a Front End engineer on our enterprise stack team, you will write code for web applications used by our clients to run online/offline campaigns to reach, organize and generate insights on customers affiliated to different brands across FSI and FMCG space. Internally, our team removes friction from employee’s lives and keeps them secure, allowing them to focus on creating the biggest impact. We need people who are passionate about developing impactful, high-performance web applications using up-to-date technologies and patterns.
- We use a combination of open source and off-the-shelf technologies, but we are also open to developing a few tools internally to keep the business growing fast and our information safe. We anticipate, support and deliver on the needs of a large and unique workforce called Terraformers.
- If you are passionate about technology, love to proffer end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems, live for amazing customer service and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for you!
As a Front End Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Work within focused team, collaborating with your colleagues (product manager, designer, backend/mobile engineers) to define, develop and ship impactful products
- Use experimentation and data analysis tools to tune your web applications to be highperforming, intuitive and functional
- Make a visually appealing web interface through transformation of large and complex datasets exposed via API
- Contribute to the design and development of reusable UI components in React and Redux or Angular
- Boost UI performance and note scalability limits of technologies used
- Design scalable client-side architecture that works with a multi-tenant cloud API
- Prevent platform vulnerabilities by ensuring secure coding standards
- Improve application for maximum speed and scalability
- Champion engineering excellence, establishing business metrics, and drive continuous operational improvement.
- Collaborate with technology and business teams to develop and maintain end-to-end project plans, ensuring on-time delivery, including drafting requirements, using and testing cases as well as support and escalation plans.
- Ensure system security, data integrity and accuracy of information across the business
- Design and implement UI tools/framework to improve productivity and reinforce the security of the corporate platforms
- Communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints and progress with key stakeholders quickly and effectively
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug problems where required.
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- A BSc / MSc in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a full-time frontend engineer
- Developing new user-facing features using ReactJS or AngularJS
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Angular and other core web technology concepts.
- Experience and passion for building complex, performant, responsive, accessible and beautiful web experiences that are well-tested, documented and monitored
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
- Excited to learn from and teach others
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Yarn, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Experienced with RESTful APIs
- Some familiarity with continuous integration software such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Bitbucket etc.
- Little understanding of CI/CD for frontend application deployment
- Good knowledge in Hybrid App development
- Experience in building UI layout with multiple device support Unit testing-JEST
- You need to be ready to hit the ground running for critical deliverables.
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques, best practices as documentation.
N400,000 – N700,000 Monthly.
14th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.