MFS Africa is the leading digital payments platform in Africa, enabling low-cost payments across the continent. The company works in close partnership with mobile network operators and financial institutions to bring simple and relevant payment services to African consumers and businesses. MFS Africa connects over 320 million mobile money users across Africa through its platform, which enables cross-border payment for mobile money networks, banks, money transfer operators, and large corporates.
As a fintech company, we strive towards elegance and simplicity in everything we do. Our mission is to make borders matter less, and our values are to simplify, care, and be revolutionary. We pride ourselves on world-class operations and a distributed team. Our offices include Abidjan, Accra, Johannesburg, Kampala, Lagos, London, Nairobi, and Port-Louis, and many employees work remotely from locations where we do not have offices. We are regulated by the FSC in Mauritius, BoG in Ghana, BoT in Tanzania, and FCA in the UK.
The MFS Africa team has doubled in the past year and continues to grow rapidly. Our people are talented, curious, and the reason our company does exceptional things. Excellence in nurturing our people and their passions is foundational to our success as a business.
Job Position: Senior Full Stack Developer
Job Location: Lagos
Job Location: Lagos
- We are seeking a senior Full-stack developer to join our team in a permanent role.
- You will work alongside our Senior and lead developers in development projects.
- This role is for an experienced developer who has in-depth knowledge of software development.
- We are seeking candidates with 6+ years of experience in development. The successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills, solid technical skills, and creative problem-solving skills.
- You will work normal hours, Monday to Friday, 0800 to 1700 (local time), with a combination of in-person office attendance and working from home.
- Prioritize, assign, and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle.
- Overseeing and directing the evaluation, creation, and implementation of software.
- Write well-designed, efficient code.
- Review, test, and debug team members’ code
- Schedule product releases with internal teams.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Ensure our applications are secure and up to date.
- Good delegation and time management skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Generally, uphold the values of the Company.
- 6+ years of experience in development.
- 3-year University Degree with a proven background in Math, Science, Finance, Engineering are required; Advanced Degrees in IT like a Master’s in Computers is a plus.
- Working experience in development projects with hands-on coding skills (Java and Python)
- Quick learning and doing whatever is needed to help us accomplish our goals.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment and be open to feedback and suggestions.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Languages: Java, Python
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo DB
- Cloud: AWS services (EC2, RDS, EBS, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, SQS, SNS, Security Groups etc.)
- DevOps: Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Angular, React, Node.js and Kafka.
Why Work for us?
- We have a very diverse work environment with over 28+ nationalities represented and continually strive to build a culture of caring and execution.
- We operate a flexible remote working policy.
- We offer a competitive salary package and bonuses.
- We prioritize the overall well-being of our staff through various initiatives aimed at ensuring they reach their full potential in a supportive environment.
- We work at the very cutting edge of fintech in Africa.
- We solve relevant problems for Africa and the world in hope of continuing to make an impact on the millions, if not billions, of users who also believe in what we do.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online