The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
- Job Position: Senior HRIS Advisor – Nigeria HWM
- Job Location: Abuja, NG
Abt Associates seeks a full-time Senior Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Advisor to lead HRIS activities under the Nigeria Human Resources for Health (HRH) Task Order activity. The Senior HRIS Advisor will lead the design and implementation of a roll-out of a new HRIS system across five states, Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- Lead the implementation of the nationally adopted HRIS software solution at the state level;
- Facilitate the establishment of an HRIS stakeholder leadership forum for improved collaboration and continuous dialogue between decision-makers and HRIS implementers;
- Design and manage an assessment to inform improvements in state information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure;
- Support improvements in HRIS capacity among stakeholders to ensure system sustainability;
- Identify linkages with other databases and information systems to ensure interoperability;
- Support the development and maintenance of processes for data integrity; and
- Manage team of state-based HRIS specialists
- Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment
- Post-graduate degree or higher in public health, health systems, human resources, information systems, or other related field.
- Familiarity with the Government of Nigeria’s HRIS needs and efforts to create the Health Workforce Registry.
- Professional experience interacting with representatives from ministries of health, private sector, civil society organizations, national health professional councils, and non-governmental organizations.
- Direct experience with HRIS system administration, maintenance, and reporting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and extensive experience with other MS applications.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communication skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
5th May 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online