Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviors that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviors we have a remuneration program in place, carefully designed to incentivize our employees to live our values every day.
- Job Position: Senior Investigator, SIS, Nigeria
- Job ID: 2000008073
- Job Location: Africa & Middle East-Nigeria-Lagos
- Job: Legal
- To develop capability within the SIS Africa teams, embedding legal investigations skills to complement existing skills sets of colleagues with non-legal backgrounds.
- Deploy legal investigations skills to enhance investigations undertaken by the SIS Africa teams, including in relation to conduct and fraud-related matters.
- Monitor industry developments in relation to conduct and fraud-related investigations and share these with colleagues across SIS Africa.
- Provide input into the identification of themes, trends and lessons learnt from investigations to support the continuous improvement of the Bank’s conduct and control environment.
- Develop good working relationships with business and function stakeholders to ensure appropriate senior management are kept informed of the relevant investigative developments.
- As directed by Executive Director, SIS, Africa conduct investigations according to the SIS Policy and Procedures, with a focus on material conduct and fraud-related matters.
- Prepare written reports in relation to material conduct and fraud-related matters, in each case tailored to the internal and external audiences to which they are addressed.
- Ensure all investigation records are kept per Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Work with relevant peer functions including, but not limited to, Forensics, GIS, Legal, Audit, Compliance, FCC and HR to;
- Support and assist on SIS investigations where their subject matter expertise is required and;
- Ensure adequate oversight and tracking of remediation of investigations related findings.
- Ensure regional senior management are fully informed of all key risks and issues in area of responsibility and reported in line with Bank’s operational risk process.
- Reinforce an effective and exemplary risk and control culture and further strengthen the control environment
- Where applicable, engage with stakeholders to ensure effectiveness of the Speaking Up Policy & Procedure
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- SIS Regional Team
- SIS Management Team
- Business and function heads
- Financial Crime Compliance
- At least 10 years substantive background in enforcement actions, investigations or prosecutorial and regulatory agency environment, with local expertise in at least one of the countries within Africa jurisdiction
- Sharp business acumen with experience of investigations in a white-collar corporate environment and/or experience advising or managing complex investigations and related risks representing Financial Institutions
- Excellent investigation, analytical, problem solving, risk mitigation and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct best practice investigations with a high level of integrity, independence, professionalism and discretion
- Understanding of the key features of relevant laws and regulations relevant to Bank and the role of Investigations
- Knowledge and sound judgement of business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk.
24th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online