Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient-centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, Port Harcourt, and Anambra state. We provide first-class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
Job Position: Senior Medical Officer
Job Location: Awka, Anambra
- Be present and contactable within clinic premises at all times during work hours except when on other official duties.
- To carry out a physical examination on all patients before admission according to the Synapse Services
- To maintain individual contact with patients, carrying out ward rounds and other duties detailed by the Consultant
- To update clinical notes on all patients according to best practice for record-keeping
- To ensure that on admission, patient’s diagnosis in line with ICD is documented on EMR and explained to the patient and Family.
- Ensure that leaflets explaining diagnosis, medication and its effects are given to patient, explained and documented. Follow up that of Consultants, explain the diagnosis to patient and document it.
- To respond promptly to the request of all clinical staff (Consultants, other doctors and nurses) to see patients within the clinic and to advice or start any treatment as indicated.
- Undertake specific medical procedures on patients within the clinic as requested by medical and nursing staff: cannulation, commencing i.v infusions, administration of i.v drugs, etc.
- To type and file discharge summaries on all patients discharged from Synapse Services within 24 hours of discharge
- Must ensure every patient discharged from Synapse Services sees a doctor for follow up within 7 days post-discharge
- Run regular follow up clinics and encourage patient attendance
- Carry out home visits to review patients
- Lead a clinical team to pick up patients from the community for admission
- Partake in on-call duties.
- Contribute to and be a part of Synapse Services Business Team
- Be part of the team that makes contact with Organizations to seek clients for Synapse Services
- Carry out presentations at clinical meetings in various hospitals to inform them of our clinical services
- To examine a sick/injured member of clinic staff and offer appropriate advice in respect of treatment
- Liaise regularly with Service Manager to discuss service improvement
- Carry out regular teaching sessions directed at Nurses, Support Workers and Psychologists.
- Act as the Clinical Lead for Synapse Service Oak
- Be a part of interview panels during staff recruitment
- Be a member of Synapse Services Senior management committee and attend line Management meetings
- Be a co-chair for Educational meetings
- Will be asked to be part of other ad-hoc committees if and when necessary
- Help with providing resources for the business of the centre
- Be a facilitator on some of Synapse Services Training programs
- Read, understand and adhere to clinic policies and procedures
- Health and Safety and Quality Assurance
- Be familiar, understand and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations including evacuation policy and the medical officer’s role in such an event
- Be aware of the promotion of effective customer care and public relations in order to promote the good reputation of the clinic
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager is essential.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Minimum of 2 years’ post-NYSC experience in Clinical care and patient management.
- Evidence of completion of NYSC /Exemption.
- Up-to-date MDCN licence
- Experience in non-clinical settings that demonstrates exposure to other industries is desirable.
- Strong interest in mental health and Addictions is a pre-requisite for this role
- Relevant experience in mental health is an advantage.
Salary / Benefits
- N300,000 – 400,000 gross Monthly
- Health Insurance
- Pension Scheme.
21st August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.