TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Job Position: Senior Program Manager – PRAISE Project
Job Location: Anambra
The Senior Program Manager will manage a team of 14 people, to implement a 2-year project in Anambra and Lagos states, Nigeria and will be responsible for leading the overall implementation and providing day-to-day management and oversight throughout the entire duration of the program – from program set-up and diagnosis to capacity building and business advisory, access to grants and other finance, as well as creating an enabling environment for actors across the plastics market ecosystem. The Senior Project Manager will act as the key liaison with all counterparts, implementing partners, resource partners and other stakeholders involved with the project.
Project Inception Phase
- Work with the HR team to recruit and onboard project team members.
- Complete a rapid assessment of players in the plastics value chain in Anambra and Lagos States
- Develop the work plan for the entire project and ensure sign-off by the relevant stakeholders
- Support the Senior MEL Specialist to develop the MEAL Package and tools.
- Support the operations team in the procurement of contractors by developing the ToRs/RFPs/EOI as required.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Country Director and the Head of Operations, develop a procurement plan based on resource requirements for the duration of the project.
Project Implementation Phase
- Develop the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for the project.
- Lead the implementation of activities that will achieve all the project targets and milestones.
- Develop a risk register that would capture the risks encountered throughout the life of the project and mitigating actions for these risks.
- Ensure that the required reports are submitted to the donor(s) in a timely and accurate manner, as committed
- Provide leadership to the project team and ensure they comply with all laid down processes and procedures of TechnoServe.
- Work with the HR manager to identify and address gaps in the capacity of team members.
- Monitor the project budget regularly to ensure that spending is aligned with i) donor’s burn rate expectation and, ii) TechnoServe’s policy of zero spend on non-allowable expenses.
- Work closely with the project’s Senior MEL Specialist as well as the regional MEL advisor to ensure high-quality data for internal programming and reporting purposes.
- Work with the Senior MEL Specialist and Communication Specialist to develop a detailed knowledge and communication plan for disseminating learning and impact to both internal and external audiences.
- Support the development of the training materials for the train-the-trainer sessions.
- Identify new innovations and technology to deliver the goals of the project and implement pilots to justify proof of concept.
- Continuous engagement with the relevant state government agencies responsible for plastic waste and recycling.
- Assist the program development team when required.
- Act as a spokesperson for the program and work with the Programs Director and Country Director to present TechnoServe’s work nationally/regionally/globally.
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business, International Development, Economics, or other relevant field with at least 7 years’ experience. Alternatively, a bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience.
- At least eight years of relevant professional experience in international development.
- Experience leading and managing large teams with a high level of leadership, interpersonal, technical, and analytical experience, as Team Leader, Chief of Party, or other Program Director level role.
- Experience in the waste recycling sector is highly desirable.
- Experience leading US government-funded, or other bilateral-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Prior work experience or collaboration with private sector companies and businesses.
- Experience working in Nigeria, or in the western Africa region, is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding about the plastic waste sector -strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threat
- Experience in successfully implementing gender-integrated programs is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online