Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive, and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy while using less of the common planet.
- Job Position: Senior Project Manager – Process Automation
- Ref No: 006GR9
- Job Location: Lagos
- Process Automation is a global business unit building value in today’s ever-changing industrial world by forging new connections among people, processes, and technologies.
- Schneider Electric’s process automation solutions help our customers to drive their operations to higher and higher value utilizing proven Schneider Electric technology and expertise enabling success.
- An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Process Automation (PA) business unit for a Project Manager to join our Nigeria delivery team, operating as part of the North Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa Hub (NESSA).
- This role will be instrumental in ensuring that project delivery in our Hub is in adherence to both global and local governance and cadence policies delivering successful projects to customers within the region. The position based in Nigeria will report to a Project Director and will operate as part of the Hub Delivery Team.
- As an experienced project management professional, this position will cover projects across a wide range of industry sectors including oil and gas, pharmaceutical, power and nuclear, food and beverage as well as water and utilities, automotive, and energy.
- Manage, plan and oversee assigned company projects in conjunction with the nominated Project team, through inception to acceptance, both commercially and technically.
- The Project Manager could be responsible for any project in the hub at any value or risk level. Typically, the Project Manager will be assigned high-risk and complex projects.
- Adherence to project governance and cadence policies. This includes updating the project reporting tool and preparation for project reviews at both hub level and any risk escalation level.
- Determine and manage the required resources for the project or program.
- Manage the project or program to schedule, budget, and quality to the satisfaction of the customer and Schneider Electric in order to realize the benefits expected.
- Ensure consistency in project execution according to Customer Project Process (CPP) and PMI standards.
- Act as the main contact with the client on technical, commercial, and quality matters.
- Liaise with customers at the senior management level within their organization.
- Co-Ordinate the activities of systems engineering, software engineering, production, test, product development, purchasing, and quality assurance activities to deliver solutions to our customers.
- Negotiate and execute change orders with the customer in accordance with company policies and standards, obtaining the necessary approvals.
- Assure the incorporation of reliable and otherwise sound design practices, including adequacy and accuracy of drawing information.
- Liaise with, monitor, and expedite sub-suppliers and sub-contractors for the project.
- Ensure project administration is completed and project files are maintained.
- Ensure that regular commercial, engineering, and status reports are issued to the Project Delivery Manager and the customer as required.
- Support an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
- Build a partnership and long-term relationships with key customers.
- Coach and develop less experienced engineers assigned to projects.
- Provide support and communicate well with the sales and tendering team.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including offshore and overseas as required.
- Help maintain resource utilization by accurate forecasting of project schedule and associated human resource requirements. This includes reporting and agreeing on resource requirements with the Engineering Manager.
- Support and assist with Company programs and initiatives.
- Educated at Degree level with minimum 6 years, typically 8 years project management experience.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. / B.Eng. Degree in any relevant discipline e.g. Electrical & Electronics or Control Engineering or Computer Science.
- Vast experience in a system, software, process automation, or application engineering capacity.
- Knowledge of managing and reporting on all financial aspects of assigned projects.
- Able to negotiate contract variations for engineering changes with customers.
- Familiarity with general contractual terms and conditions.
- Conversant with MS Project and all MS Office software products Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of structured project management methodologies such as Prince 2 or PMbok from PMI.
- Proven ability to work in a complex environment and collaborate across multiple business functions in order to achieve common business objectives.
- Can demonstrate flexibility and resilience in a challenging and fast-moving environment.
- Proven ability to strategically deliver the best results in a digitally transforming environment with agility.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with the motivation and determination required to succeed.
- Ability to understand, influence & convince in a complex and agile matrix organization.
- Has knowledge and ability to lead in Digital Transformation initiatives and projects.
- Must possess a project management qualification e.g. Prince 2 qualification or PMP certification
- Knowledge of the process automation business is advantageous.
- The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in ERP systems e.g SAP.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online