Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Job Position: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- We’re seeking someone who’s an expert in quality assurance and quality control within the oil and gas sector.
- Here’s a role that will develop and grow your professional and personal skills, with the chance to make a real difference within a supportive, positive company.
Where you fit in:
- The Senior Quality Engineer role will report to the Engineering Lead SWO (Shallow Water Offshore). In this role, you will collaborate with all disciplines and support groups within the organization.
- You will also interface with project groups as necessary for internal audits, asset integrity, quality, and operation readiness functional groups.
- Moreover, you will deal with multiple stakeholders such as NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) Contractors, QA/QC & Inspection Services Contractors.
What’s the Role?
- As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will provide expertise and advice on quality issues to the project teams, to guide and help develop and maintain the various Project Quality Management Systems. You will manage and direct QA/QC support to specific projects.
- Moreover, you will also network with Senior Management, Project Quality Leads, QA/QC Engineers, QC Inspectors, Materials Engineers, HSE Advisors, Project team members and contractor to ensure service requirements are met.
Your Further Accountabilities
- Manage the QA/QC & Inspection Services contract, deliver contract value, and become its Contract Holder.
- Manage quality assurance and control activities at the various SCiN (Shell Companies in Nigeria) projects and assets.
- Liaise with project teams and production assets to manage resource plan and manning levels for QC inspection personnel.
- Facilitate business performance review meetings with inspection service contractors to monitor performance, resolve issues like claims/variation requests, listen to complaints, pass information to contractors on new requirements etc.
- Facilitate review and renewal of pre-mobilization certificates for NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) contractors.
- Lead quality audits, reviews & PQHC (Project Quality Health Check) and prepare robust reports on outcome of audits.
- Conduct ECIA (Equipment Criticality and Intervention Assessment) workshops for SPDC (Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd) projects at design & execute phase.
- Provide SQI (Shelly Quality Intelligence) training to senior management, project quality leads, QA/QC Engineers, QC Inspectors, Materials Engineers, HSE Advisors and Project team members in SPDC.
- Provide professional support to project teams in implementing and utilizing QIRMS for managing Project Quality.
- Support SCiN and EMEA Projects to ensure that ALL Quality incidents are properly reviewed and recorded in QIRMS.
- Review NCRs (Non-Conformance Report) in SPDC Projects to ensure accuracy of information and proper close-out in QIRMS.
- Maintain a report tracking system with QIRMS and issue reports on a regular basis.
- Establish good relations with the organisational team members, promoting quality as a personal responsibility.
- Lead, guide and motivate a team of quality practitioners to vigorously pursue and improve their quality performance.
- Implement a Monthly Quality KPI management system to support awareness across the organisation.
- Analyse root cause analysis of Non-conformance/Corrective reports action and recommend, opportunities for improvement to Management.
- Co-ordinate continual improvements of the Quality Management System, ensuring that evidence of corrective and preventive actions taken are reviewed and recorded in QIRMS.
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure a consistent, robust and auditable approach to quality assurance and control.
What We Need From You?
We’re keen to hear from individuals with at least 8 years of working experience in major oil and gas projects and preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Alongside this, we’d hope to see many of the following on your CV:
- Extensive experience in performing quality audits/assessment and project quality health checks.
- Ability to communicate very effectively with people, and interface with senior as well as junior staff at the desired level.
- Self-starting ability and the drive necessary to lead a substantial QA/QC team.
- Fluent in English, written and oral.
- Strong stakeholder engagement, displaying personal effectiveness.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online