General Electric (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
Job Title: Senior Sales Manager
Job Ref.: R3562322
Job Description Summary
- Customer facing staff responsible for winning business Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team.
- Guided by commercial practices and policies that may be shaped by the role. Has significant control/influence over commercial priorities.
- There is moderate autonomy within the role to enter into/execute Commercial arrangements. High levels of Commercial judgement are required to achieve outcomes required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish a deep understanding of the territory and customers’ business needs by creating value to customers for our Digital Solutions footprint. Prospect and drive business prospects and / or retain and penetrate existing customers in order to drive growth.
- Responsible for earning customer trust through value driven engagements and solid execution – establish win/win partnerships and deepen relationships.
- Develop and execute an Account Playbook that formalizes the go high / go low” strategy for the Enterprise account. Where applicable, develop a joint Governance process with executive sponsorship that aligns along the following pillars – Commercial, Product/Technology, Implementation and Support.
- Develop a world-class account management strategy. Develop a value selling framework for GED Digital business in O&G and Chemicals — tailor deal lifecycle, deliverables, required resources, technology support, maturity model, sales methodology etc., all focused on meeting the Customer and shareholder objectives.
- Develop and drive the strategic growth vision and objectives, including participating in essential operating rhythm processes with sales leadership, product management, engineering and services.
- Implement the execution framework on identified opportunities, which includes the orders forecasting to deal closure.
- Establish, cultivate and maintain customer relations at appropriate decision-maker levels. Lead the development of sales opportunities and coordinate with the business lines sales support groups.
- Drive Commercial process improvements and leverage tools for growth (SFDC, etc). Analyzes sales pipeline and maintains an array of opportunities to ensure that sales goals are achieved
- Actively grow and maintain a multi-year account plan that will be shared globally with parts of our business including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services, and the Development teams to ensure coordination across the business.
- Ensuring a Professional Sales Experience for customers during all aspects of sales process and touch points including: Formal meeting agendas, formal follow-up stating sequence of events and next steps in writing, and issue resolution in a timely fashion.
- Formulates the winning proposals based on a cohesive strategy that leverages deep knowledge of the O&G, Chemicals and Petrochemicals industries, customer and GE product.
- Has and maintains a working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Expectation of a willingness to travel to customer locations and GE offices at a minimum of 60% of the year to fulfill duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, Technology or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in enterprise software sales, management consulting, or strategic planning in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Petrochemicals.
- Proven track record of value selling.
- Proven track record of sales success, achievement and enterprise account management.
- Understand the various financial instruments used by customers to conduct business.
- Strong negotiation and sales leadership skills.
- Proactively identifies market trends via data analysis and makes strategic recommendations as appropriate.
- Manage account relationships to proactively identify and address client needs and converts competitive installs to GED solutions; Seen by client as strategic partner who brings values and solutions to address clients’ business needs.
- Identifies and prioritizes critical resources needed to further the sales effort, negotiating with all client and internal stakeholders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online