Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Job Position: Senior Software Developer
Job Location: Abuja
- Palladium seeks to employ a Senior Software Developer who will provide leadership support to the Data.Fi Nigeria software development team.
- S/he will be responsible for directing the development team in designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging the National Orphans and Vulnerable Children Management Information System (NOMIS) application with guidance from the Senior DevOps Manager.
- The Senior Software Engineer would be responsible for implementing DevOps strategies and methods for technical solutions throughout the development and deployment process.
- He/She will oversee task management, standardization, skills improvement, technical meetings, documented sprint demos, and validating team performance metrics while ensuring effective communication between team members and other project functional areas.
- S/he will work with the Informatics advisor in supporting the Community of Practice (CoP) technical working groups and ensure code collaborations and cooperation between the CoP technical teams.
- S/he will rally the software development team towards the product vision and technical strategy.
- The Senior Software Developer will report to the Senior DevOps Manager.
- Oversee the development, deployment, and integration of solutions, ensuring successful delivery, high quality, and sustainability of solutions.
- Manage the system development process of the NOMIS platform, assigning and monitoring workflow and ensuring quality and efficiency are maintained.
- Lead the software development team in designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging country-level digital tools.
- Take a leadership role in developing and implementing technical strategies and solution architectures and designing the project’s suite of technologies.
- Work closely with stakeholders, including the product managers, to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team.
- Lead the planning and documentation of technical specifications of system design and features.
- Ensure that all technical and user requirements requested enhancements, and reported bugs are accurately captured, validated, and prioritized into the portfolio backlog and product backlogs and comprehensively logged as Epics, Features, Stories, and Tasks on Jira.
- Co-facilitate review sprints with product owners and other stakeholders to secure approval and acceptance from the product owners and retrospect sprints to capture lessons learned and actionable improvements applicable to future sprints.
- Be security-conscious – address security concerns through collaborative efforts with back-end developers, security experts, and regular security testing.
- Mentoring team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards.
- Lead implementation of Palladium’s standardized software development approach, including accompanying tools and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Plan for and prioritize resource needs for systems development.
- Lead and participate in writing testable, scalable, and efficient code and leading code reviews.
- Spearhead adoption and compliance to global best practices, including the principles of digital development, applicable coding conventions, open standards, and security standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in developing and implementing digital health tools specifically relating to technology and data solutions in a data-driven environment.
- Solid technical background with understanding or hands-on experience in developing and implementing Information Systems that support health and social protection programs.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience leading software development teams overseeing end-to-end design, development, and deployment of software solutions.
- Solid knowledge of responsive web design using Bootstrap and related technologies.
- Experience with relational databases, schema design, and performance analysis.
- Experience deploying large-scale solutions using containers and other cloud technologies.
- Solid Java programming capabilities and techniques.
- Solid Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring JPA, and Hibernate knowledge.
- Good experience with Git or similar version control systems.
- Advanced knowledge of relational data modeling concepts and experience in PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Work with the DevOps to establish, refine, adapt, and manage software development and information technology operations (DevOps) processes and tools as required.
- Experience using digital tools to manage projects, such as Microsoft Teams, Planner, Jira.
- Experience working with technology teams to ensure design and solution architecture outputs meet the business requirements.
- The ability to adapt to new technologies and frameworks, as front-end development is an ever-evolving field.
Skills And Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online