FairMoney is a credit-led mobile bank for emerging markets. The company was launched in 2017, operates in Nigeria & India, and raised close to €50m from global investors like Tiger Global, DST & Flourish Ventures. The company has offices in France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
Job Position: Senior Software Engineer – POS
Job Location: Abuja (Remote)
- We are building Engineering centers of excellence across multiple regions and are looking for smart, talented, driven engineers. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the core engineering team of a fast-growing fintech poised for more rapid growth in the coming years.
- We are looking for an experienced Android POS Engineer to join our team and work on developing and maintaining our Android-based Point of Sale (POS) solutions.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Android application development, with specific experience working with EMV and ISO8583 for POS terminal application development.
- They should be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment and understand software development best practices.
- Developing high-quality features by working with our Product team to better serve customers.
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality Android POS applications for businesses.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new POS features.
- Implement payment processing.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code that follows best practices.
- Test and debug POS applications to ensure quality and performance.
- Work with other developers to review code and ensure code quality.
- Continuously research and evaluate new technologies to optimize POS application development.
- Building a platform on which each market can plug its specific features while maintaining a solid common core product.
- Helping drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class experience for our customers.
- Being responsible for designing, developing, and deploying medium to large-sized projects.
- Helping define engineering best practices and providing technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
- Contributing to continuous improvements to an infrastructure that can handle millions of clients.
- Analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration, and platform integration.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Technical domain.
- Strong experience with Java or Kotlin programming languages.
- You have 5+ years of experience developing Android POS applications
- You have 3+ years of experience working in the Fintech space.
- You have experience working with EMV and ISO8583.
- You have 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and object-oriented design skills.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and automated testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Experience with popular Android libraries such as Retrofit, RxJava, Dagger, and ButterKnife.
- Knowledge of PCI compliance and security standards for payment processing.
- Expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and create technical designs and specifications.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, productive software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Pension Plan
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Screening call with a member of the recruitment team for 30 minutes.
- Technical interview with members of the Engineering team for 45-60 minutes.
- Interview with key stakeholders for 45-60 minutes.