One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Job Position: Senior Software Engineer ( C# – Integrations)
Job Location: Nigeria
- As a Senior Software Engineer specializing in backend integration at One Acre Fund, you will be an important member of our Middleware Engineering Team.
- Your primary focus will craft backend solutions crucial to our field operations, specifically dealing with system integrations in an event-driven manner to ensure seamless data communication across different platforms
- Promote the development of APIs that facilitate real-time access to inventory data, stock levels, and other crucial information across our rural retail shops and warehouses.
- Implement and oversee real-time synchronization solutions to ensure seamless data communication between our Odoo-managed retail operations and SAP-managed warehouse systems.
Integration and Event-Driven Architecture:
- Engage in the development of event-driven architectures.
- Produce and consume events to ensure scalable system integrations.
- Collaborate within an agile team of dedicated developers to ensure seamless progression of projects.
- Participate in the Agile team’s lifecycle, including sprint planning, reviews, and retrospectives.
Optimization and Scalability:
- Collaborate on optimizing our backend infrastructure to ensure it’s scalable, efficient, and able to handle concurrency challenges.
Knowledge Sharing and Mentorship:
- Share knowledge, hone skills, suggest innovations, and provide mentorship to junior members to contribute to departmental growth.
- Independently work on projects ensuring delivery of high-quality work meeting organizational standards.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 6 years in Software Development with a focus on backend integration and middleware engineering.
- Excellent proficiency in C# .Net
- Proficiency in one or more of tech stacks including OpenFaaS, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Redis and Node.js.
- Emphasis on API design, system synchronization, real-time event-driven architecture, and distributed transactions.
- An orientation towards testing and automation to ensure the robustness of system integrations.
- Experience working in Agile environments with a thoughtful understanding of Agile principles and practices.
- Handle scaling challenges, ensure system resiliency, and work on traceability of distributed transactions.
- Capability to work independently on projects ensuring delivery of high-quality work.
24th January, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.orgaddress. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.