Safeguard Global builds adaptive solutions for organizations seeking to thrive in the global economy. Through a combination of workforce management data, technologies, services and market expertise, Safeguard Global enables success thorough smarter, more efficient global employee management, recruitment, payroll, onboarding, expense management and more.
Job Position: Senior Software Engineer
Job Location: Nigeria
- We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineers to join our thriving, global team.
- The successful candidate will play a key role as part of an agile team building innovative products that make life better for people. You will work across the modern stack, leveraging the best technology to fit the problem.
- More importantly, what makes you a software engineer is that you are a creative thinker, going beyond the command line to engage your customers, stakeholders, and team members in solving complex problems. You will join a growing community of skilled software engineers that share a common interest in pragmatic, performant, agile software engineering.
- You will work as part of a small, agile team, where continuous improvement isn’t a bumper sticker, it’s a part of our culture.
- You move fast, but don’t rush. You build in safety to move fast by working in small increments, writing testable, maintainable, deployable code, and getting continuous feedback from your team and from customers. You love collaboration, are always learning something new, and sharing what you know with others.
- To succeed in this role, you will need to be a blend of skills and able to complement them with the skills of your team.
- You find a balance of process, technology, and creativity to meet the problem. You value transparency, communication, and inclusivity. You are an innovative problem solver and involve stakeholders and users.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in high performing agile teams, expertise in multiple programming languages, developing and scaling distributed systems, growing evolutionary architecture, going monolith to microservice, and developing products that integrate with other services including 3rd party systems.
- Play a key role on a high performing team
- Advance the values of the organization (caring, accountability, integrity, empowerment, passion, fun)
- Deliver outcomes.
- Expert technical skills, depth in at least one area, and an ability to operate up and down the stack
- Experience with other programming languages (e.g. Java, Golang) a plus
- Experience developing Microservices
- Experience developing RESTful APIs particularly for integrating with 3rd party developers a plus
- Experience using tools for code repository GIT/bitbucket
- Experience with various database technologies including relational and non-relational
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes
- Experience with containers
- Experience with Cloud Native Patterns and Cloud Technology, particularly AWS
- Experience working in a high-performing agile team
- Proficiency in software design and architecture
- Experience with Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Continuous Improvement, Lean Software Development practices
- Experience with Monolith to Microservice patterns
- Experience with event-driven architectures including event sourcing a plus #
- Experience developing external facing APIs, API Frameworks, 3rd party developer support
- A pragmatic ownership mentality, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, inspirational, and committed
- Innovative, experimental, work in small batches, shares ideas for peer review
- Excellent communication skills (both technical and business).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online