IHS Towers – Founded in 2001 by the trio of Sam Darwish, William Saad and Mohamad Darwish, along with a strong team of telecoms sector engineers, IHS is one of the largest independent owners, operators and developers of shared telecommunications infrastructure, or tower operators in the world with over 23,000 towers. IHS is the largest independent tower operator in Africa and EMEA and the third-largest independent multinational tower operator globally, in both cases by tower count.
- Job Position: Senior Specialist, Compliance
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are currently recruiting for a Senior Specialist, Compliance. Based in Lagos, you will be responsible for supporting execution of compliance and ethics initiatives in Nigeria and across other OpCos.
- Facilitate full compliance with, and adherence to, local laws and regulations as well as internal policies and directives of IHS.
- Provide inputs in creating and reviewing policies and procedures that embed a culture of compliance and business ethics across the organization and its operations.
- Communicate and raise awareness of approved ethics and compliance policies and procedures through all available communication channels.
- Support design and roll-out of a comprehensive educational and training program, including introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Provide inputs to update and implementation of the compliance monitoring framework.
- Carry out internal reviews to ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist internal and / or external auditors in compliance reviews.
- Assist in coordinating compliance risk assessments. Follow up on execution of subsequent mitigating strategies.
- Provide support in identifying compliance issues that require follow-up and / or investigation.
- Support promotion of the whistle-blower policy across markets.
- Participate in investigation of potential and / or unlawful misconducts.
- Assist in ensuring that compliance efforts are appropriately documented and monitored.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Associate Director, Compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant discipline.
- Relevant professional certifications, e.g. CCEP I and CFE, will be an asset.
- +7-9 years’ relevant experience in compliance, audit or risk management, including experience in a global organization and / or telecoms company with global operations.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian regulatory and statutory environment.
- Solid knowledge of anti-corruption laws, including US FCPA, UKABA and economic sanctions regulations.
- Demonstrable experience leading in-person training sessions and operating learning management systems.
- Ability to lead and oversee investigations.
- Multilingual proficiency: English mandatory; French / Arabic / Portuguese desirable.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Regulatory, Compliance & Governance
- Anti-Bribery / Corruption / KYC Regulations
- Analytical Thinking
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving
- Workload Management
- Business Communication
- Teamwork & Collaboration
3rd February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please apply with an updated Resume / CV.