Quidax is an African focused cryptocurrency exchange. We enable customers to buy/sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies (Ethereum, USDT and Litecoin) with Naira. Our vision, which is at the core of what we do every day at Quidax, is to build a world where sending money and value around the globe is as easy as sending a text message. We value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
Job Position: Settlement Analyst
Job Location: Remote
- We are looking for someone to jump on board our Finance Team. We would love to bring in someone who is in love with numbers with eagle eyes to detect issues and willing to fix them with little or no supervision. We are looking for a huge self-starter who can make informed judgments and flesh ideas out.
- We work primarily onsite at our office in Lagos (Lekki) from 9–5 every day, so you would have to be prepared to come to the office every day. And if you say oh, what about COVID, we are all working from home right now but we are firm believers in the human race and our ability to overcome this. So in a matter of time, we would be working from the office again seeing beautiful faces.
- We always and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds and identities to apply. With each new hire, we look to diversify, strengthen our team, and be more purposeful about building our culture.
- On the other hand, we look to give you the opportunity to grow, do the most impactful work of your life tackling problems that matter while being happy doing it.
About the Job
- The mission of the role is to own the settlements and reconciliation of cash we have at Quidax. We have a lot of moving parts and a lot of places where money moves from and to. It would be your duty to ensure that everything matches to the last kobo.
- From the banks, we partner with, to our payment service providers, and to our transactions on OTC platforms.
- You have to be able to track, follow, and reconcile all the transactions and present them in a cute and understandable way for the financial controller to review and the management.
- If we have any missing money, you should hunt it down like an eagle and make sure to get us our cash. If we have any overpaid money we have to double-check and give the owner of the money value ASAP.
- The Settlement Analyst will ensure payment channels are funded from time to time and whenever the channel is low on funds, you will reach out to the finance lead for a top-up.
- The Settlement Analyst will provide support to the finance and treasury department as may be required.
Here’s an example of what your day to day at Quidax might look like:
- Sync with your team lead on the direction for the week/day
- Perform reconciliation of collected funds and pay-outs on a daily basis.
- Ensure payment channels are funded every now and then.
- Support the Finance and Treasury functions
- Contribute ideas and simplification initiatives to grow the Finance team
- Join in an argument about some random stuff
- Brainstorm with the team to come up with cool ideas
- It differs from day-to-day.
What you need to have:
- Experience in trade support, settlements or related operations roles would be an advantage
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to recorgnise and resolve problems as they arise and escalate where necessary
- A proven ability to meet tight deadlines and work well within a team environment
- Good organisational & communication skills with an ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Strong analytical skills with a technical mind-set
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Nice to haves:
- Crypto experience
- Fintech experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
What our hiring process looks like
It’s a 4-step quick process!
- Intro call with the recruiter
- In some cases, a take-home assessment or live-based assessment
- 1hr call with the hiring team lead
- 45mins culture fit interview