Rural Homes Limited is an incorporated property development firm specialized in private, public, and commercial projects. We are particularly focused on property improvements and the development of private residences, housing estates, commercial structures, and infrastructure. With Over 20 years of experience in the real estate sector, Rural Homes Limited has an immense reserve of experience and resources, affording it the financial, technical, and administrative ability needed to effectively plan, develop and manage landed properties.
- Job Position: Site Engineer
- Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Reporting Line: Reports to Project Manager
- Working Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- She/he should have great organizational skills and be able to work with other professionals to achieve set goals on the project.
- He/she will work in close collaboration with other Engineers and other departments to prepare budgets and cost estimates, create work schedules, communicate with clients about progress, and ensure safety regulations and codes are met.
- Set out the works and construction in accordance with design and specification.
- Check materials and work in progress for compliance with the specified requirements.
- Observance of safety requirements.
- Resolve technical issues with suppliers, subcontractors, and statutory authorities.
- Measurement and valuation (in collaboration with the project quantity surveyor where appropriate).
- Prepare an effective schedule and prepare appraisal reports to be submitted to the project manager.
- Evaluate all projects and recommend various cost savings methods for the same.
- Supervise the job of laborers, Engineers, and other site staff.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
- Resolve any discrepancies and problems arising during construction that affect the quality of works performed.
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Technology, and other related fields.
- 1-3 years post-Nysc of experience in construction.
- Project Management and COREN certification will be an advantage.
- Highly organized and action-oriented.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings, and plan sets.
26th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates should upload their CV and Cover letter in one Microsoft word document.
EEO Statement: We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees. Women are strongly encouraged to apply to this position.