Uraga Real Estate Limited (a Honeywell Group Company) is a real estate company committed to creating long-lasting communities by providing creative and sustainable solutions. The company has over 20 cumulative years of experience in Development & Project management, Property & Facilities management and Real Estate & Asset management. We are at the forefront of transformational and innovative real estate projects, servicing the unique needs of our clients through tailor made real estate solutions. We invest in and develop structures and facilities across residential, retail offices, industrial/distribution warehouses, other commercial properties as well as hospitality facilities in Nigeria’s real estate market.
Job Position: Site Engineer
Job Location: Odogbolu, Ogun
- Responsible for providing technical supervision, overseeing the daily activities on the construction site, planning, managing and tracking the progress of construction projects in accordance with statutory professional standards, to stipulated quality and in line with international best practices.
- Managing construction on site and overseeing building projects
- Setting out sites and organizing facilities
- Reviewing technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
- Monitor project execution to ensure agreed specifications, budgets and timelines are met
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
- Liaising with quantity surveyors and price negotiations
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to
- Involved in project planning and documentation. This includes budgeting and access to materials required.
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Direct and supervise workers in adherence to the construction sepcifications.
- Requisition of supplies and materials.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper measures are taken to mitigate a re-occurrence of such cases.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Oversee the delivery and use of materials, tools, and equipment; worker productivity and safety; and the quality of construction
- Monitoring and supervision of all contracts and subcontracts for the agreed quality, cost and time as outlined in the contract.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Master’s Degree or professional degree in Construction Management.
- 5 years experience in Construction Site Management.
- Must be Member of relevant professional body in Nigeria (COREN, NSE).
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Proven working experience in similar role
- Good knowledge of construction management processes
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Project management software and any other relevant tools required for the role
- Knowledge of current building and construction procurement processes and technologies, sourcing of building materials, business management solutions and legal affairs.
- Knowledge of current technology trends in construction
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Must be resident in or within close proximity to Odogbolu.
- Ability to work under tight project timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify, resolve problems and develop alternative solutions in a timely manner.
- Detail oriented and organized work habits.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Candidates should have excellent time management and organizational skills.
30th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates living within close proximity to site location will be shortlisted.