Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express, Konga Health, Konga Food, Konga Bulk etc.
We are currently looking for a talented person with passion for the ecommerce space to lead our Social Media Team in the capacity below:
Job Position: Social Media Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Manager Level
Reports to: Head of Marketing
- In this position, you will be responsible for supporting Konga with the development, execution and maintenance of social media engagement, monitoring, reporting, and analysis within the Marketing team.
- This position ensures all social media content and communication is in brand alignment.
Key Performance Areas
- Develop the social media strategy for Konga in alliance with the business strategy and global trends
- Plan and execute the social media content and activities calendar to engage online followers, drive conversations and turn followers into recurring customers
- Lead Social Media executives as well as assign tasks across social media team
- Coordinate cross functional relationships between commercial team, graphic design team, digital marketing and social media teams
- Analyze and report social media performance for Konga Online and its subsidiaries
- Develop content marketing and distribution strategies with key partners and reporting strategies and progress
- Maintain constant awareness of social media trends locally as well as internationally and incorporate these trends in Konga’s social media content
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation, brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Oversee design (ie: Social media graphics for Facebook cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Working with the central Marketing and Communications teams to ensure alignment with company-wide best practices and policies
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business required.
- 6+ years of social media and campaign management, publishing, writing and content creation required
- Applicants should preferably be experienced working for an agency or FMCG
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Success with marketing global brands via social media, transforming creative ideas into successful campaigns across multiple brands and platforms with the ability to deliver results; engagement, growth, brand sentiment, credibility, innovation
- Strong, senior relationships with social media platforms. Self-starter with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with social scheduling software such as Hootsuite and Tweetdeck.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, snapchat, etc.), their audience and how each platform can be most effectively utilized
- Knowledgeable in Web Analytics & Reporting, Copywriting and ROI Analysis
Why Work With Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, structured and technologically driven environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the ecommerce space in Nigeria
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast growing businesses.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV (MS Word) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.