Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
Job Position: Software Engineer – Data Platform
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced software engineer passionate about delivering high quality, reliable and automated infrastructure based on open source software running on Kubernetes, the public cloud and bare-metal.
- We are facing the challenge of fault-tolerant mission critical distributed systems and intend to deliver the world’s best automation solution for delivering data platforms.
- Experience using data platform tools is desirable, but not over hands-on experience installing, configuring and operating such technologies.
- Applicants should be passionate about the future of the software defined datacenter, automation, distributed systems, and open source. Canonical is a globally distributed team of engineers who share that passion.
- Engineers who thrive at Canonical are mindful of open source community dynamics, and equally aware of the needs of large, innovative organizations.
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team.
- Write high quality, idiomatic Python code to create new features.
- Debug issues and interact with upstream communities, in the open.
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields.
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions.
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events.
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You love technology and working with brilliant people..
- You are experienced with Linux systems administration, package management, and operations.
- You have hands-on experience with at least one public cloud and experience with private cloud solutions like OpenStack .
- You are experienced with Kubernetes and believe it can be used for serious persistent data services.
- You are an accomplished Python programmer that enjoys challenging projects in mission-critical environments.
- You have experience operating and managing data platform technologies like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Opensearch, Kafka, Yugabyte.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online