Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Job Position: Java Software Engineer
Job Location: Nigeria
- You will be part of an agile team that develops e-commerce, smart logistics, and payment solutions.
- Your work will integrate a service-oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies and software development practices; You will own your services and be responsible for end-to-end.
- You will take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews
- You will change the Internet landscape in Africa and the World one line of code at a time.
- Minimum of 3 years of Experience.
- Experienced with object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with development in Java (and ideally Spring boot framework)
- Acquainted with building testable code, unit tests and/or integration tests.
- Knowledgeable of software design and architecture patterns.
- Knowledgeable of SQL and relational databases.
- Fluent in English.
The following gives you a good head start:
- Experience in another programming languages, namely : Go, NodeJS
- DevSecOps mindset.
- Aware of fault-tolerance and secure programming concepts.
- Experienced in some of the following concepts: message queuing, caching, NoSQL, SOA, CI/CD, application and system monitoring.
- Experienced in some of the following technologies: Maven, Gradle, Hibernate, Kafka, Redis, Prometheus, Docker, Kubernetes, SonarCube, Jenkins
- Experienced working with Scrum processes.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online