Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Position: Software Engineer (Backend)
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Are you an entrepreneurial Backend Engineer looking to build impactful products? As a Backend Engineer at Klasha, you’ll be joining a high-performing team that is the bedrock of our offering.
- This role would suit a resourceful, high-performance IC with experience in greenfield projects.
- We’re a Seed-stage startup, so ideally you’d be comfortable wearing multiple hats.
- We’re learning quickly, shipping regularly, and working cross-functionally to build the future of commerce in Africa. You’ll join a mission-led team that cares deeply about connecting Africa with the global economy.
- Collaborating with the Frontend Engineers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Provide training, help and support to other team members.
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Build and scale our product with input from other team members.
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean code.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a backend engineer, ideally in a Fintech startup environment
- Fluent application of Java (JDK version), Spring boot, Eureka, Zuul.
- Familiarity with Github, Hibernate, Apache Kafka, Postgresql.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Ability to move fast and adapt as the business requires.
- Strong knowledge of the African and/or Global payments and logistics ecosystem would be an advantage.
- Previous experience with functional programming would be an advantage .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online