EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
Job Position: Software Engineering Intern
Job Location: Abuja
- The intern will work with the informatics team of EHACLINICS to build and manage enterprise systems under the mentorship of senior engineers who will coach you on development best practices.
- Adequate metrics and records are put together in collaboration with all departments to ensure projects and initiatives are monitored effectively to achieve EHA Clinics’ goals.
The intern must have sufficient knowledge of at least one programming language preferably python and is expected to:
- Take ownership of products under the supervision of a Senior Engineer
- Be a collaborative member of the team
- Have a deep understanding of data structure and algorithm
- Will be part of a scrum team and have some knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to write clean code
- Some knowledge of unit testing
- Experience working with a virtualization system is an added advantage but not required
- Complete necessary reports and documentation
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any such related field will be preferred.
- Graduates of tertiary institutions and National Youth Service Corps members can apply.
- This is an intern position and as such, minimal experience is required.
- The Candidate must have worked with at least one programming language.
- As an intern, you will take part in cutting-edge technology and other activities and projects that contribute to bringing solutions to health challenges in Nigeria. Tasks are to be developed in a professional and efficient way, focusing on end results and delivering high-quality products.
- The diversity of our team means that you will find yourself working in multicultural teams with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures who have wide perspectives, experiences, expectations as well as approaches.
- Knowledge of the region’s political, socioeconomic, and cultural dynamics will be gained. You will also gain a first-hand perception of the day-to-day working environment of EHA Clinics. You will be given a real chance to work with our team of outstanding and inspiring career professionals and senior managers.
- Within the organization, you might have the chance to be exposed to conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as on-the-ground projects. Upon the successful conclusion of the assignment, will provide a certificate for the interns that fulfill their commitments with integrity, professionalism, and respect for diversity.
- Upon completion of the internship, the intern shall produce a comprehensive report that explains what they have learned within the internship period and how that impacts their career journey and do a presentation to EHA Clinics. The intern will produce a story to communicate the result of the analysis.
Skills to be developed:
- This position will expose you to developing and managing enterprise systems which include our EMR, ERP, and mobile application
- You will build skills in software development best practices and documentation
- You will be part of an agile team and will interact with Senior Engineers, UI/UX designers, Quality assurance engineers
- We ll expose you to our various tech stacks – flutter, python, java, odoo, kibana, elastic search, firebase, postgre, kubernetes, etc
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online