Byteworks Technology Solutions Limited is a fast-growing software and technology company indigenously owned; constituted of smart and committed young professionals. The thrust of Byteworks is that by implementing its products through excellence, commitment, innovation, and integrity, there is a consistent increase in revenue generation in Nigeria as a whole by employing its products in every state/sector it is applied.
Job Position: Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Job Location: Lagos
- The Quality Assurance Analyst complies with defined quality standards and ensures that every assigned product meets the established standards of quality including security, reliability, usability, and performance. The successful candidate will develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure all products meet the established standards of quality
- Running manual and automated tests including, but not limited to stress testing, performance testing, functional testing, scalability testing
- Effectively communicating/presenting findings to software development and business user teams including technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Responsible for maintaining all the quality control and assurance artifacts.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- A good academic background with a minimum of B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or any related fields. Additional qualifications and related certifications would be an advantage.
- ISTQB foundational level certificate or similar certification is required
- 3 years of demonstrated/hands-on software testing and software development experience in a formal SDLC and/or Agile environment
- Experience working with various testing tools for various environments
- Demonstrated experience in designing, updating & executing test cases
- Passion for technology, curiosity, problem-solving skills, and ability to work with varying stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to deliver excellent work on tight schedules
- The Successful candidate must be able to dive into the module to test it completely – like break the code!
- The Successful candidate must think beyond what is expected of the software and think about how users can misuse the software i.e., finding loopholes.
- The Successful candidate must not only be aware of different testing techniques but also must have worked on at least some testing techniques.
- The Successful candidate must always be able to communicate most effectively and efficiently on any issues discovered in the course of testing to the development team.
- The Successful candidate should have the capability to recognize and resolve unfamiliar problems and should formulate a strategy to validate them.
- The Successful candidate must be able to prioritize features and test cases that are to be tested.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online