Ashdam Solar Company Limited is a renewable energy company in Nigeria, providing clean, affordable and uninterrupted smart energy solutions. We got incorporated in 2007 and over the years, we have built our reputation by providing quality alternative energy solutions to the Nigerian community with exceptional client satisfaction.
Job Title: Solar Technician / Installer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- We are looking for a passionate and efficient Solar Technician/Installer to join our team. As a Solar Technician/Installer, the candidate will be responsible for installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Mount solar rails on roof tops and other structures as required.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot Solar panels, Inverters, Batteries, Charge Controllers. Electrical Integration and other components of Solar Installation
- Configures PV systems based on site conditions and customers’ needs and expectations;
- Inspects electrical installation and wiring.
- Meet with customers and discuss project details in order to accommodate their needs
- Collaborate with sales team to design and customize solar systems for customers
- Performs routine maintenance on PV systems.
- Have technical presentations with prospective clients, work closely with other staffs across the company supporting improvements in Quality, New Product Development and all other departments.
- Perform site audits (take measurements, photographs, notes, and energy audit of project sites)
- Coordinate, organize and prepare jobsite for inspection process
- Support branch staff with administrative support, including organization and maintenance of project folders, uploads of pictures, completion of finished folders and work processes
- Travel to different cities and towns across Nigeria to perform duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Technical Training or Diploma in a related/relevant discipline
- Good knowledge/experience in the electrical installation industry is preferred
- Experience in a similar role is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of PV equipment and installation.
- Good knowledge of electrical wiring and equipment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read building and electrical plans.
- Ability to read equipment manuals.
- Ability to use hand and power tools to install Solar PV components.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all department across the company and other internal and external contacts
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to changing technical environment Professional and personal credibility
- Must operate within division policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
- Must be able to communicate in English Language (speak, hear and write) effectively to various intellectual levels.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift 50 kg of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Ability to set up, secure and climb a 20-foot ladder onto rooftop of various angles and surfaces. Not afraid of working at heights.
11th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online