Solar Turbines – Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 22 megawatts).
Job Position: New Graduate Program – Field Service Representative
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Powering the future through innovative, sustainable energy solutions.
- Solar Turbines Incorporated, headquartered in San Diego, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc. Solar manufactures the world’s most widely used family of mid-sized industrial gas turbines, ranging from 1 to 39 megawatts. More than 16,000 Solar units are installed in more than 100 countries with more than 3 billion operating hours. Solar is a leading provider of energy solutions, featuring an extensive line of gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical drive packages, and generator sets.
- At Solar Turbines, we are dedicated to attracting and retaining next generation talent. Our new graduates work on projects that impact our business and the future of our company. With offices and facilities around the world, our recruits will collaborate and connect with Solar employees on a global scale.
- You will be welcomed into a workforce that powers the future with innovative ideas that you make a reality.
- The New Graduate Field Service Representative Program provides the foundation for the future success of Solar Turbines engineers and the future success of the organization. The purpose of the program is to start the development and training of the next generation of highly capable and highly competent engineers.
- This is a 3-year rotational program for recently graduated engineers. The candidate will spend an extensive period in training that will focus on a broad exposure to our products and the Customer Service organization.
- The training you receive will be a combination of classroom and on-line training, significant hands-on experience in the , structured on the job training in the role of a field service representative and mentored controls system training at various Solar locations including in our Power Generation district office in Griesheim, the Czech Republic, San Diego (CA), Mabank (TX) and Desoto (TX). Each phase of the program emphasizes a different aspect of field operations.
- This program offers an excellent opportunity to combine formal training with hands on experience in the field as Field Service Representative.
Topics covered include:
- Safety training
- Gas turbine package familiarization training
- Controls system training
- Customer services experience
- Engine Overhaul/Repair
- Power Generation and Gas compression
- Structured on the job (Hands on) training at Customer Sites in the Field
- The successful candidate will have graduated within the previous three years with an Engineering related university degree (or equivalent).
- This position requires significant travel and interface in customer facilities. Frequent communication with the customer and technical personnel is required while diagnosing turbine package and balance of plant related issues.
- In addition, the successful candidate will be required to work safely and with little supervision in the field environment while maintaining a high degree of responsibility and professionalism.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online